Fire stick stops on pin screen

lukes

lukaztest

Hi, I discovered another anomaly on my emby server.  When I try to invite a user to the moo emby server by entering their email for emby connect it reports this error in the attachment.  In reality, however, I checked the firewall and ping from the server. Connect.emby.media responds correctly. What other checks can I do?

Thanks

Screenshot_20231212_204111_Emby.jpg

18 minutes ago, lukaztest said:

Hi, I discovered another anomaly on my emby server.  When I try to invite a user to the moo emby server by entering their email for emby connect it reports this error in the attachment.  In reality, however, I checked the firewall and ping from the server. Connect.emby.media responds correctly. What other checks can I do?

Thanks

Screenshot_20231212_204111_Emby.jpg

Hi, looks like your Emby Server is having a problem reaching our Emby Connect Server. If you can attach the emby server log, then we can verify that. 

On 12/12/2023 at 4:29 PM, lukes said:

Have you tried again today? Are you using a VPN? Something is interfering with your server's ability to contact our Emby Connect Server:

2023-12-12 18:53:43.850 Error App: Error registering with Connect
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.61
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.0-13-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-12 (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectManager.UpdateServerRegistration(String[] remoteApiAddress, String localAddress, Boolean isAutomated)
	   at Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectManager.UpdateConnectInfoInternal(Boolean allowNewConnectServerRegistration, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Connect
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Typical causes of that are firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into those and let us know what you find? Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you tried again today? Are you using a VPN? Something is interfering with your server's ability to contact our Emby Connect Server:

2023-12-12 18:53:43.850 Error App: Error registering with Connect
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.61
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.0-13-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-12 (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RemoteServiceUnavailableException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectManager.UpdateServerRegistration(String[] remoteApiAddress, String localAddress, Boolean isAutomated)
	   at Emby.Server.Connect.ConnectManager.UpdateConnectInfoInternal(Boolean allowNewConnectServerRegistration, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Connect
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Typical causes of that are firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into those and let us know what you find? Thanks.

There’s really no outbound or inbound firewall. There are no blocked ports. Is there a manual check I can do to confirm or not something is *actually* blocking the connection? What’s the IP/host of the Emby.Server.Connect method (which I guess is the API)?

Edited by t0r

Just now, t0r said:

There’s really no outbound or inbound firewall. There are no blocked ports. Is there a manual check I can do to confirm or not something is *actually* blocking the connection? What’s the IP/host of the Emby.Server.Connect method?

It's https://connect.media.media

But just because you can ping that domain outside of Emby Server doesn't mean that you don't still have something blocking the Emby Server process from reaching it.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

It's https://connect.media.media

But just because you can ping that domain outside of Emby Server doesn't mean that you don't still have something blocking the Emby Server process from reaching it.

Processes have no limits. It runs as root. Installed via dpkg.

What kind of exception is “RemoteServiceUnavailableException”? Does it actually establish a connection to the remote API? On what port? Do you have any IP range blocked by your side?

And to troubleshoot further, is there a more verbose logging option anywhere?

Please note that Emby Connect is purely an optional service. You don’t need to use it to connect Emby apps to your server. Just click skip on the Emby Connect sign in screen and then you can do a manual connection to your server.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Please note that Emby Connect is purely an optional service. You don’t need to use it to connect Emby apps to your server. Just click skip on the Emby Connect sign in screen and then you can do a manual connection to your server.

That’s why you thought about the VPN, now I got it. Well it seems like I have to trace where the problem is, although everything starts from the emby process.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

I know that, but manually connecting to the server address crashes the app on the fire stick (it just closes).

Hi,

I tried again now but the problem remains.
I would add that even on Android TV it behaves like Fire Sticks.

When we first installed emby server it worked great with emby connect everywhere.

5 hours ago, t0r said:

What changes between the standard android app and the one on the fire stick? If the problem is between the client and the server it doesn’t matter does it?

It’s a whole different app. Can you give it a try? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

It’s a whole different app. Can you give it a try? Thanks.

We have tried that, as you asked some posts before. It works BUT it asks for Emby Premiere after a minute even to just watch our personal files, so that’s not a valid alternative to the official firestick app, unless you want to change that behavior as it is in Samsung TVs (Tizen), FireStick, etc.

so here comes the real question: if the connection between Emby.connect and the server fails, why should it even work with the standard android app? Doesn’t it use the same identical API endpoint?

Edited by t0r

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 11:53 AM, t0r said:

We have tried that, as you asked some posts before. It works BUT it asks for Emby Premiere after a minute even to just watch our personal files, so that’s not a valid alternative to the official firestick app, unless you want to change that behavior as it is in Samsung TVs (Tizen), FireStick, etc.

so here comes the real question: if the connection between Emby.connect and the server fails, why should it even work with the standard android app? Doesn’t it use the same identical API endpoint?

Hi, there is probably a defect in the TV app that needs to be hunted down. We work very hard on Emby and we thank you for your support.