Series and Season tagging

DasVekman

DasVekman

Hello everyone,

I have a ton of anime and some of it is mixed sub/dub. I'm trying to the find the best way to mark a few things.

1. If there are any subbed anime in the series.

2. Are there any subbed anime in the season

I mark my filenames with [s] so I use iconic image enhancer to note the files. I tried to use tags to do the other 2 things, but that would require a lot of manual work and then when the series or season gets fully dubbed, I have to make sure to change the tags. Anyone have any ideas on how to automate something like that? I don't mind using iconic image enhancer, it's pretty awesome. Images below for reference.

Thanks for reading!

Clipboard Image.jpg

Clipboard Image (1).jpg

Hello DasVekman,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

pwhodges

I suspect you're on your own for this one.

I have loads of anime (hundreds) - but not one is without subs, even those which are dubbed; in any case, there's no way to automatically mark those which are subbed, because some of them (admittedly not many in my case) have hard subs burned into the video, and so no subtitle stream to detect.  Also, the language attached to subtitle streams is often misused by fansubbers, who may mark English subs as Japanese - meaning that they go with the Japanese soundtrack (in this convention, English subs are the Signs & Songs (sometimes labelled "forced") tracks used with the English soundtrack.  But no automated system will be able to tell what is going on, because sometimes there will be an actual Japanese subtitle track, provided for those who want to try their hand at translating it themselves!

Dubbing might be easier, because there are always audio tracks, and they have the language attached, and that's usually correct; but I know of nothing in Emby that will use that information the way you want.

Paul

DasVekman
3 hours ago, pwhodges said:

I suspect you're on your own for this one.

I have loads of anime (hundreds) - but not one is without subs, even those which are dubbed; in any case, there's no way to automatically mark those which are subbed, because some of them (admittedly not many in my case) have hard subs burned into the video, and so no subtitle stream to detect.  Also, the language attached to subtitle streams is often misused by fansubbers, who may mark English subs as Japanese - meaning that they go with the Japanese soundtrack (in this convention, English subs are the Signs & Songs (sometimes labelled "forced") tracks used with the English soundtrack.  But no automated system will be able to tell what is going on, because sometimes there will be an actual Japanese subtitle track, provided for those who want to try their hand at translating it themselves!

Dubbing might be easier, because there are always audio tracks, and they have the language attached, and that's usually correct; but I know of nothing in Emby that will use that information the way you want.

Paul

Hey Paul,

I have all of the individual episodes marked so I know what episodes are subbed. It's just having an automated way to update the nfo/db directly in the case where the season and/or series has subs. I have some ideas but I wanted to see if someone had already come up with a solution. I'm approaching a thousand series myself and it would horrible to manage all of them manually.

DasVekman
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Maybe with the Bulky plugin you can add tags in bulk and that will allow you to filter on the tags.

I thought of that but not all of the anime is subtitled. I only want to mess with those series that have subtitled versions. I also replace subbed versions with dubbed as they become available.

DasVekman

I can do the series if I create a script to modify the tvshow.nfo and add the tag but I was really hoping to use the season as well. I think that can be done via api but that's out of my pay grade.

DasVekman

So I was able to find some info. If you use this curl command, it will add the tag to whatever item you specify. The problem is to now find a way to parse the database to find the matching items.

curl -X POST "http://10.1.1.10:8096/emby/Items/497384/Tags/Add?api_key=e3998b27100d4ab291b1b0740ccd1a32" -H "accept: */*" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{ \"Tags\": [ { \"Name\": \"subs\", \"Id\": \"subs\" }]}"

The table name is MediaItems. I may be able to just do it in SQL. Stay tuned!

Edited by DasVekman

DasVekman

So I found a hybrid way of doing it that's a bit manual but not terrible.

You run some queries off the SQLlite DB to gather the series and season ids, then export that to excel where you run the curl command above.

Here are the queries for anyone interested.

--Select for all seasons with subs
select AlbumId from MediaItems
where path like '/mnt/basement/Anime/%'
and Filename like '%[s]%' and filename NOT like '%S00E%'
GROUP By AlbumId

--Select for all series with subs
select ParentId from MediaItems
where path like '/mnt/basement/Anime/%'
and Filename like '%[s]%' and filename NOT like '%S00E%'
GROUP By ParentId

Note: I have [s] in the filename of my subbed only media files so I know those have no English audio.

DasVekman

One thing I noticed with the bulky plugin, it wipes your continue watching if you remove all tags or modify the tags. Just a heads up.

• Thanks 1