nvidia a2000 av1 decode

techpro2004

techpro2004

I have an a2000 in my server and av1 decoding is not shown on the settings>transcoding menu when the mode is set to advanced. my server runs win 11 thanks

GrimReaper

Which server version you're running? 

Edit: Just saw your post. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Cross-posted

GrimReaper

As I understood it, you'd have to be on beta branch:

On 1/28/2023 at 9:25 AM, softworkz said:

AV1 HW decoding is planned but not implemented yet. It's simply because at this time, just a very small percentage of Emby users would benefit from it, and when we would implement it in beta, there wouldn't be many who could test it and provide feedback. Then in turn, we would have something that is not sufficiently tested and decide what to do with it.

But this will change within the next year as more and more devices with that capability will be sold (both Nvidia and Intel), so it's not that far away I think.

On 4/23/2023 at 8:13 AM, softworkz said:

UPDATE

The latest betas (since 4.8.0.29) support AV1 decoding 

• With QuickSync (Windows + Linux)
  • With DX11VA (Windows)

AV1 decoding for Nvidia and VAAPI is planned to be added soon.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:49 AM, softworkz said:

UPDATE 2

Beta 4.8.0.34 includes support for AV1 hw decoding with VAAPI and Nvidia. 

Please try this out!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
techpro2004

I don't have an issue with 5.1, it is just that a lot of other media related projects are using 6.1 and I was wondering why you chose 5.1. If it works than great. I am still on the 4.7 branch.

8 minutes ago, techpro2004 said:

I don't have an issue with 5.1, it is just that a lot of other media related projects are using 6.1 and I was wondering why you chose 5.1. If it works than great. I am still on the 4.7 branch.

We don't really choose anything specific, it all depends on what's playing and the device it's being played on. So whoever wrote we always use 5.1 instead of 6.1 was misinformed.

OK i thought you meant audio. I'm going to remove that line because that makes it look like we're only on 5.1, which isn't true.

59 minutes ago, techpro2004 said:

So just to clarify, what version of ffmpeg is the 4.8 branch of emby using. thanks.

It is a custom build.

• 2 weeks later...
techpro2004

Just checking if we are still on track for the new year. It is almost Christmas. fyi, I upgraded my a2000 to a rtx 4000 ada.

RanmaCanada

They are probably sick and tired of people asking this question and are more than likely trying to divert all resources to getting it done.