How are you collections organised?

Jasoon

Harblar

Ok, so for the most part I just store under a single folder and sort by metadata as needed, but, in the process of ripping my blurays, I have half a dozen or so Concert films. What's the preferred method for organizing these?

For example, one of the films is Iron Maiden: Flight 666. It contains a full concert and a full length documentary. So, essentially, 2 movies on one disc. I figure a box set would be the easiest way to create it, but I'm not sure how to go about setting up the metadata for it. Another one is Metallica Slayer Megadeth Anthrax Live: The Big 4. 4 full concerts spread out over 2 discs.

ordinarybanter

How do you set up a one off documentary? I have a documentaries folder and it treats the subjects as TV series which for the most part is right. How do I do a one off program? Should I copy the movie xml file and populate it manually?

Koleckai Silvestri

How do you set up a one off documentary? I have a documentaries folder and it treats the subjects as TV series which for the most part is right. How do I do a one off program? Should I copy the movie xml file and populate it manually?

I have a Documentary folder and it is set up as its own Collection with the media source set to Mixed. So far movies are identified as movies and episodes of television shows are identified as television shows. If they aren't identified, I fire up Media Center Master and force them to a specific type by using the provider (IMDB, TMDB, TVDB) ids and pull the metadata manually.

Rest of my collection is organized like this:

Media
-- Animation
---- Primetime
---- Saturday Morning Cartoons

--Anime
---- Movies
---- Series

-- Movies
---- Movies - Classics (pre-1975)
---- Movies 0-9
---- Movies A-E
---- Movies F-J
---- Movies K-O
---- Movies P-T
---- Movies U-Z
---- Trailers

-- Television
---- Classic (pre-1975)
---- Current
---- Documentaries
---- MiniSeries
---- Off Air
---- Premium

Each movie or series is within its own folder. Various boxsets are defined within movies as well.
Edited by Wayne Luke

I like to use Metadata TAGS and VIEWS in the Software to organize media.  I also have a file structure to support my management (easy to add, find and support various applications).

I'm still learning MB Theater.  I see how to use GENRE tag to sort movies but I don't know how to create additional views/sorts using tags in MB/T.

I currently have created COLLECTIONS and organize my collections by folders in my file structure (i.e. I have a collection named MUSIC CONCERTS & VIDEOS pointing to folders on my drive(s) that have DVD Concerts, Videos From bonus DVDs, etc.   Another Collection is MUSIC (i.e. CDs).    MOVIES & TV have their own header on the MB/T main menu along with Collections (where they show up again).

I would like to have a Collection with another layer of sorting just like MOVIES shows all my Movies but also has Genre/DATE/and other views for Movies.  When I select MUSIC Concerts & Videos I would like to be able to filter by another tag (i.e. Concerts, Documentaries, Music Videos, Other).

Suggestions? As stated I'm just learning....

I'm pretty comfortable with Movies although I would like an alphabet like in MB3 Server so I can quickly find my say "S" movies. Today I speed scroll.  GENRES is helpful (especially for narrow genres like Documentary).  TIMELINE is very interesting.

Edited by Vectra

Koleckai Silvestri

I'm still learning MB Theater.  I see how to use GENRE tag to sort movies but I don't know how to create additional views/sorts using tags in MB/T.

I don't think you can currently. MBT is a baby still and missing a lot of functionality. I believe they are working on the server right now to make it strong before working on client features more. 2014 should be an interesting year.