Integration Help Needed: Automating Live TV Playback for Soccer Games

SalimRahmani

SalimRahmani

Hello Emby Community,

I'm working on an exciting project and could use some advice and assistance. My goal is to automate the playback of live soccer games on my LG OLED 65G2 TV using Emby's Live TV feature. Here's the scenario I aim to achieve:

• Setup: I have an Emby server with Live TV set up and an LG OLED 65G2 TV, which has advanced networking capabilities, including Wake on LAN.
  • Goal: I have a script that monitors soccer game schedules. When it's game time, I want this script to automatically trigger my Emby server to play the live broadcast of the game on my LG TV.
  • Requirements:
    1. Script Integration: The script will determine when a game is about to start. At this point, I need it to communicate with the Emby server to initiate playback.
    2. TV Automation: Ideally, I'd like the TV to turn on automatically (if it's off) and open the Emby app to start streaming the game. I believe my LG TV's networking features, including Wake on LAN, could be utilized for this purpose.
    3. Emby API Use: The script needs to interact with the Emby server via its API to start playing the specific channel that will broadcast the soccer game.

I'm seeking guidance on the following points:

• API Integration: Tips on how to properly use the Emby API for triggering live TV playback.
  • LG TV Automation: Advice on how to automate turning on the LG TV and opening the Emby app through network commands (if possible).
  • Best Practices: Any suggestions or best practices for this kind of setup, especially from those who have done similar automation with Emby.

I appreciate any help or insights the community can offer. This project combines my love for soccer with my interest in home automation and technology, and I'm excited to see it come to fruition with your help.

Thank you in advance!