Playback issues on Shield TV Pro (2019)

loladin

Brand new Shield TV Pro (2019). Literally hooked up, updated it, downloaded Emby from the play store and logged in with emby connect. Server won't connect at all. Tried to side load emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk from the emby website. logged in no issues with emby connect and can browse the issues but when i try to play ANY file it just goes to the black screen then eventually says "playback error" and goes back to the series/movie. Emby works fine on the TV itself and my pc/phone. Server is running from a docker container on another PC on the network. I have a backlight setup with a Lytmi that i have all of my devices running through. Netflix, disney+, youtube all work perfect on the shield along with VLC and Kodi being able to play the files fine - issue is only with Emby or Emby TV apps. Even tried the emby-android-google-arm64-v8a-release.apk and the beta android TV app. Although the TV apps just wont connect to the server at all.

embyserver.txt

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, loladin said:

Server is running from a docker container on another PC on the network.

6 minutes ago, loladin said:

and logged in with emby connect.

Why would you be using Emby Connect in your local network? 

yes it does the same exact thing. hangs up after loading a file. i will say i can only connect with the remote (wan) and not the in-home (lan) connection though. itll show in my server that the file is playing and is direct play but it will not actually play the file through the shield TV

12 hours ago, loladin said:

since it asked as soon as i load the app with the pin

That is an indication that the app cannot see your server on the network.  Did you try manually connecting with the local IP address?

Yes I can connect with the (wan) IP address but not with the (lan). This is with the side loaded android version. The android TV version straight from the Google play store won't even do that. I have 0 issues with any other device in my home including android phones, smart TV itself, laptops etc so I don't think it's network

3 hours ago, loladin said:

Yes I can connect with the (wan) IP address but not with the (lan). This is with the side loaded android version. The android TV version straight from the Google play store won't even do that. I have 0 issues with any other device in my home including android phones, smart TV itself, laptops etc so I don't think it's network

What exactly happens when you try to connect with the LAN? Are you sure you have the correct LAN ip address?

so on the android tv app it would just fai, not move and eventually crash. the sideloaded app would go into it but would just not load any files. they would show up but when you click one it would just sit there then pop up "playback error" 

did find out that emby was reporting the wrong local ip address on the web browser interface. reinstalled and used my actual local Ip and now its working. appreciate the help as it led me in the right direction

• Thanks 1