No subtitle display and freeze

bad_vista

bad_vista

Recently my TV stopped showing subtitles. I checked all the settings several times, tried different files and subtitles. With the same parameters Emby-Theater on W11 shows everything. In addition, many video files stop at certain scenes and the WebOS-Player cannot play them. Тhen i have to restart video and rewind this moment. I tried the same video files in the Emby-Theater on W11, everything works well.

For example, I launched the same movie twice on LG-TV (first with debug logging). I switch between subtitles, none of them are displayed. And later the film freezes on one of these scenes. I am attaching a temporary clipping from the protocol.

untertitel.png

embyserver-no subtitles and freeze.txt

bad_vista

I have the bottom three checkboxes turned off. Otherwise, It start transcoding some videos and the server (NAS) freezes. It was the Problem of my last post.

23 minutes ago, bad_vista said:

I have the bottom three checkboxes turned off. Otherwise, It start transcoding some videos and the server (NAS) freezes. It was the Problem of my last post.

Right, but that could also be the reason why you're not getting subtitles.

bad_vista

These checkboxes didn't help, instead they only raised other problems such as unwanted transcoding, which ultimately caused everything to hang again, or that the Dolby Vision colors were not displayed correctly.

I have now solved the problem with subtitles. A hack was missing somewhere else. Here is a picture of server settings (german language):

image.png.8089b40202e09b650c96fcf0e7dfc6a2.png

Only this problem remains. It really hits a lot of videos:

On 11/20/2023 at 7:53 PM, bad_vista said:

... In addition, many video files stop at certain scenes and the WebOS-Player cannot play them. Тhen i have to restart video and rewind this moment. I tried the same video files in the Emby-Theater on W11, everything works well. ...

Only this problem remains. It really hits a lot of videos:

If you're forcing direct playing then this is likely just the LG video player having trouble with these scenes. It's an LG-provided player and Emby is just giving you the user interface around it.

I also meet missing subtitle on LG emby app, both c6 and cx model.

I found once i meet this issue, the subtitle will show again if I change subtitle font size in emby app.

Don't know it's problem of LG or emby, but it's the workaround I found for now...

On 11/30/2023 at 2:09 AM, wshjm said:

I also meet missing subtitle on LG emby app, both c6 and cx model.

I found once i meet this issue, the subtitle will show again if I change subtitle font size in emby app.

Don't know it's problem of LG or emby, but it's the workaround I found for now...

Hi, that's strange. We'll test that out. Thanks.

• Agree 1