It's 2023...No PGS subs or DTS without transcoding? Really LG??

Ronstang

Ronstang

Compare for what Luke?  And excuse my ignorance but I am not sure how to force an app update on my TV.

SamES
39 minutes ago, Ronstang said:

Compare for what Luke?  And excuse my ignorance but I am not sure how to force an app update on my TV.

Check for an update or install it from the LG App store, then please test if it works as expected.

rbjtech
13 minutes ago, SamES said:

Check for an update or install it from the LG App store, then please test if it works as expected.

Do we know what's changed in v1.0.41 ?   Thanks.

SamES
26 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Do we know what's changed in v1.0.41 ?   Thanks.

Mostly UI updates in line with other theatre apps.  DirectPlay with DTS is enabled for 2023 models that now support it (2023 QNED85 and higher models and all 2023 OLED models)

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

Just installed to take a look - LG App is not my daily driver on this TV, but I'm curious.

I 'thought' the LG App finally had the ability to choose the User from an opening menu, but alas no :(

You Can now swap to other logged in users (so that's good) - but why oh why does it forget the password if you then select that user from the list of logged in users !     If you select the user, that has opted to 'remember me' - then should it not just log them in ?  Like AndroidTv does ?

Also strange that you do not get the option to see these available users when you first open the App - again, live AndroidTV does ?    Why would I want to open the App from the possibly previously logged in user and then have to go and find how to change to myself ?

rbjtech
1 minute ago, SamES said:

Mostly UI updates in line with other theatre apps.  DirectPlay with DTS is enabled for 2023 models that now support it (2023 QNED85 and higher models and all 2023 OLED models)

I checked DTS on my C8 - that still works like it always did.. :)

• Like 1

SamES
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Just installed to take a look - LG App is not my daily driver on this TV, but I'm curious.

I 'thought' the LG App finally had the ability to choose the User from an opening menu, but alas no :(

You Can now swap to other logged in users (so that's good) - but why oh why does it forget the password if you then select that user from the list of logged in users !     If you select the user, that has opted to 'remember me' - then should it not just log them in ?  Like AndroidTv does ?

Also strange that you do not get the option to see these available users when you first open the App - again, live AndroidTV does ?    Why would I want to open the App from the possibly previously logged in user and then have to go and find how to change to myself ?

I don't think that feature has been added to any Theatre based app yet.  Now that LG has released this version we can push through the PIN changes which will stop it forgetting the logged in user

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, SamES said:

I don't think that feature has been added to any Theatre based app yet.  Now that LG has released this version we can push through the PIN changes which will stop it forgetting the logged in user

Ah-ha, right ok.  Just seems a strange decision to not do all of it at once - but maybe this was submitted prior to the pin/remember user feature being released - I'm aware of how long LG take to approve these apps.  🙄

I guess changing users in the App is not the end of the world - but maybe that was there before this release - I'm not sure ?

Edited by rbjtech

SamES
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Ah-ha, right ok.  Just seems a strange decision to not do all of it at once - but maybe this was submitted prior to the pin feature being released - I'm aware of how long LG take to approve these apps.  🙄

Yep!

rbjtech

Hmm - according to Luke - this release does support the pin feature (but not remember password by the looks of it ..)

Release notes for the LG App would be really handy...  ;)

SamES

It's possible that it does (I actually thought it did but it's been so long in release that I can't actually remember).  I'm about to do some testing so I'll check.  I recall that was an early issue with the password not being remembered, but it was a long time ago so that could be the issue

SamES
39 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hmm - according to Luke - this release does support the pin feature (but not remember password by the looks of it ..)

Assuming I'm testing the right code (which I'm sure I am) this looks like it does have the PIN.

Try logging the user out, then log in again and see if it remembers the password - it's working for me.

• Like 1

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, SamES said:

Assuming I'm testing the right code (which I'm sure I am) this looks like it does have the PIN.

Try logging the user out, then log in again and see if it remembers the password - it's working for me.

ok - maybe it needed a tv restart.  As if I go to 'Change User' - I'm presented with all the users who I have logged in (because I'm able to switch them within the app) - but if I select a user from this 'user' row - then I have to enter their password again.

I haven't set any PIN's - so that's not related in my case, but if I did, then at this point only - I would expect to see 'enter pin' (if one had been set for that user).

If you say it's remembering the password - then I'll check again later - but my version is definately 1.0.41 as I checked.

Thanks !

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1