Unable to connect to server from my holiday spot

stuandkirst

stuandkirst

Hello all,

I recently tried to use emby via my Sony TV using the Android app whilst I was away on holiday with family. However, it kept saying "Server Unavailable, the server (my server name) cannot be reached"

I tried logging in manually using the IP and Port number but again the same message. 

When I got home I logged onto my router (Virgin Media Hyb 3) and did a port forward. Called up my family and asked them to try again - same result.

I then set up a new user account with a dedicated email address, called up my family to try again - same result.

Am I missing something or getting something fundamentally wrong?

Any help would be great.

Stu

stuandkirst

Thanks for coming back to me. It was a Sony Smart TV and they only run Android apps (unless they are Sony's own). Not sure which logs you want me to post up, if you can let me know I will do so.

Hi.  You are running an Android app but you posted in the Android Server forum.  Your server is not installed on an Android device, correct?

In any case, have you been through the connection troubleshooter? 

Connectivity

stuandkirst

Ahh. I didn't see that. I thought it was for Android App's. My server is on a Windows PC. I have been through the Troubleshooter and still no joy.

2 minutes ago, stuandkirst said:

I have been through the Troubleshooter and still no joy

Which step failed?