SomeBlu-Ray discs movies are stored as segment maps, can this be done?

joshinils

joshinils

I don't want to keep two distinct and large files for a movie when the only difference is a bit of text shown at the start or end. Some movies even localize newspapers, TV or other things.

Could the version stacking be done more intelligently where I can create a structure like the segment maps, where essentially a version is made up of a list of parts, where one part may be included in multiple versions?

I only ask this, so one could potentially save disc space, since these localized segments usually are very short and thus any segments which show up in both/all versions would be the same file, only short segments in between would be represented by different files on disc.

I understand if it's not worth the effort, then I'll probably continue to choose the version which is the original and or missing dubbing credits.

HI, there is no native support for this in Emby, but in theory if you have a folder structure of the m2ts files, then you could make playlists for each variation and then an strm file for each that points to one of the playlists.

STRM Files

16 hours ago, crusher11 said:

That would lead to buffering pauses between segments, wouldn't it?

Possibly, yes, but I'm not really sure. If you did it as an hls playlist, that is supposed to transition seamlessly between segments.