Embflix Icon Pack

Dicken

Hello everyone.
I also tried my hand at designing a bit.

embflix_example.png.476012565717de8910969994ee3aa993.png

I actually wanted it to be simple and in Emby green, but the more I look at the icons, the more I don't like them.

Maybe someone is interested or has ideas to improve it.

The icons are now only designed in German.
Ideas, tips or requests for changes are welcome.

embflix.zip

Best regards

Dicken

Edited by Dicken
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2023 at 4:19 AM, dnicks said:

Hi, great work! These look good, what don't you like about them?

Hey, thanks. :) The icons somehow look too cheap to me.

1 hour ago, Dicken said:

Hey, thanks. :) The icons somehow look too cheap to me.

I wonder if you didn't have the gradient (faded) overlay on the background if that would be better for you.

Do you have a psd or gimp file I could use to make some? I would appreciate that.

13 hours ago, dnicks said:

I wonder if you didn't have the gradient (faded) overlay on the background if that would be better for you.

Do you have a psd or gimp file I could use to make some? I would appreciate that.

Hey, sure, here are my PSD files. But don't be surprised, it's not very professionally created. I never really learned Photoshop.

The font is called “Bebas Neue” and is free. I put it in the appendix.

embflix_psd.rar BebasNeue_Font.rar

dnicks
On 12/29/2023 at 2:58 AM, Dicken said:

Hey, sure, here are my PSD files. But don't be surprised, it's not very professionally created. I never really learned Photoshop.

The font is called “Bebas Neue” and is free. I put it in the appendix.

embflix_psd.rar 144.59 MB · 1 download BebasNeue_Font.rar 18.25 kB · 0 downloads

sorry for the delay

Thanks! I'll mess around with it over this upcoming weekend and post back here if I come up with anything

btw, I'm not a professional either so most likely won't make anything that impresses you 🤣

Edited by dnicks

Dicken
22 hours ago, dnicks said:

sorry for the delay

Thanks! I'll mess around with it over this upcoming weekend and post back here if I come up with anything

btw, I'm not a professional either so most likely won't make anything that impresses you 🤣

You don't need to apologize for that :) . Haha, I'm excited :)

dnicks

@Dicken

I've always liked the theater as a background for films. It might not be your thing though. I guess the issue would be it would be hard to have consistency across all categories like you currently have.

emby_filme_reflection_thumb.png.9eb084075a2b23cce643fdd22eefc382.png       emby_filme_stage_high_thumb.png.9d66292c24334e8ff99060f460864aea.png       emby_filme_stage_low_thumb.png.abfa6936ae8d34dfadfc8388c25b6a49.png

emby_filme_screen_black_thumb.png.53a8a622b22f605aaa5e11450af19a44.png       emby_filme_screen_movie_thumb.png.26573b42fdb6ae0ebbdafea0fcce2526.png       emby_filme_screen_movie_not_darkened_thumb.png.1b3f2a74b894742b606a2f7f1bb5e9b3.png

Dicken

Not bad either. :)

But I like the lower ones best. The top ones look untidy because the lettering doesn't stand out.

dnicks
9 hours ago, Dicken said:

Not bad either. :)

But I like the lower ones best. The top ones look untidy because the lettering doesn't stand out.

Yeah, I thought so too. Too much light in the upper ones.

• 2 weeks later...