Collection shows montage instead of downloading image

lantana

12 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

@Luke you're the one that answered under my post so one is going to assume you're commenting on their post. But again with you a day late and a dollar short.

What i posted earlier about the api was a response to the issue reported at the beginning of this topic. Sorry for any confusion about that.

gtilburg

Am I correct that this thread is basically tracking "TMDB plugin no longer automatically fetches Primary art for Collections, other metadata including Collection Logo, Thumbs and Backdrops seem to fetch without issue."?

That was at least what I am experiencing. Happy to open a separate topic if required.

seanbuff
1 hour ago, gtilburg said:

Am I correct that this thread is basically tracking "TMDB plugin no longer automatically fetches Primary art for Collections, other metadata including Collection Logo, Thumbs and Backdrops seem to fetch without issue."?

Yes, correct.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, Luke said:

It's an issue with the moviedb api, or at the very least, a difference in behavior compared to their other api's. I just need to put enough info together to file an issue with them.

More Input 🤖

embyserver.txt

• Thanks 1

scottpro

I just reinstalled a fresh instance of my Emby server in a Docker container and rebuilt my library from scratch (wanted to clean things up).  All of the Movie posters and TV series folder icons downloaded correctly (a few needed to be reidentified). I also have the "Import collection information from metadata downloaders" enabled which creates the Collection library automatically (the Auto Box Sets plugin used to do this in the past).  The collection items (Boxsets) icons are all the "Auto created" montage version and not the downloaded icons from the "Collection Image Fetchers".  I have the "TheMovieDb" and "FanArt" fetchers enabled and the "Fetcher Settings" set to "Primary", "Logo" and "Thumb".  Also, the preferred language is "English".  "Refresh Metadata" with "Replace existing images" does not fix the missing icons.

I also notice that if I go under "Edit images" for the boxset item, select "Primary" and "Search for a New Image" only the "FanArt" images are shown.  The dropdown box for source is "All" which contains "TheMovieDb" and "FanArt" in that order.  It appears to be an issue with retrieving images from "theMovieDb" for collection items. All of the other images in the collection item have the same issue (Primary, Logo, Thumb, ...).

The regular Movie library has no issues retrieving images from "theMovieDb" and images from that source appear in the "Edit image" for a movie.

FYI, my old Emby server instance now has this issue but has worked in the past.

Server version: 4.7.14.0

Edited by scottpro

scottpro

Update.  For some unknown reason the Collections image fetcher for "TheMovieDb" now works, even pulled down the backdrops.  It must have been a service issue.  All good now.

seanbuff
1 hour ago, scottpro said:

Update.  For some unknown reason the Collections image fetcher for "TheMovieDb" now works, even pulled down the backdrops.  It must have been a service issue.  All good now.

Yes, manually searching for images works for both Fanart and TMDB. However "automatic" Primary image fetching is still broken, which this topic is specifically about.

9 hours ago, benris said:

Hi,

manually searching was broken too (tmdb),  it works for a few hours now… 

Interesting yes it’s working for me as well.

That should in theory fix automatic downloading but I haven’t tried it yet.

Tmdb must have spotted their issue.

scottpro

Let me clarify my update.  I noticed that the Collection image fetcher was working with "TheMovieDb" when I added a new movie to my library which created a new Box Set (a new item in the Collection library).  The Primary image was downloaded as the folder image and not the auto generated montage image.  I then did a "Refresh Metadata" with the "Replace existing images" option enabled on all the Collection items and about a minute later all the box sets had the downloaded Primary images from "TheMovieDb".  I then went into "Edit Images" on one of the box set items, selected "Edit Images",  selected "Primary", selected "Search for a New Image" and saw all the images from "TheMovieDb" now listed.

Summary:
Primary images from "TheMovieDb" are being fetched automatically when a new Collection library and/or Box Set is created.
Primary images from "TheMovieDb" are being fetched on Box Sets (Collection items) when "Refresh Metadata" with the "Replace existing images" option is enabled.
Primary images from "TheMovieDb" are being listed on Box Sets (Collection items) when searching for a new primary image.

I verified this twice against an existing Emby Server and a new Emby Server deployment.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scottpro said:

Let me clarify my update.  I noticed that the Collection image fetcher was working with "TheMovieDb" when I added a new movie to my library which created a new Box Set (a new item in the Collection library).  The Primary image was downloaded as the folder image and not the auto generated montage image.  I then did a "Refresh Metadata" with the "Replace existing images" option enabled on all the Collection items and about a minute later all the box sets had the downloaded Primary images from "TheMovieDb".  I then went into "Edit Images" on one of the box set items, selected "Edit Images",  selected "Primary", selected "Search for a New Image" and saw all the images from "TheMovieDb" now listed.

Summary:
Primary images from "TheMovieDb" are being fetched automatically when a new Collection library and/or Box Set is created.
Primary images from "TheMovieDb" are being fetched on Box Sets (Collection items) when "Refresh Metadata" with the "Replace existing images" option is enabled.
Primary images from "TheMovieDb" are being listed on Box Sets (Collection items) when searching for a new primary image.

I verified this twice against an existing Emby Server and a new Emby Server deployment.

Thanks, yea I think they fixed it on their end.

TerminatorAK
On 11/18/2023 at 3:16 AM, Luke said:

Thanks, yea I think they fixed it on their end.

The problem has not been completely resolved, and the automatic catcher is still invalid, so the metadata can only be manually captured or refreshed