Collection shows montage instead of downloading image

lantana

First of all, thank you for this awesome project!

I'm in the process of migrating Emby from DietPi on a raspberry pi 4 (installed as an app on the host) to Unraid on x86_64 (running in a Docker container). Everything goes smoothly except this issue:

The collection shows montage of individual movies instead of downloading collection image from metadata provider. I attached a side by side comparison. On the left is the new Emby. It looks quite bad...

Things I've tried: 

1. Change the library setting exactly as old Emby, delete the collection primary image, refresh metadata (or re-scan library files), refresh the page. The renewed cover images are still montage.
  2. Use only themoviedb as metadata provider, refresh as above, but still montage.
  3. Delete poster images in individual movie folders, refresh as above, but still montage.

I'm out of ideas, cannot fathom what differences between the two setups make it so.

I got the log just after I refresh the library metadata and Emby recreated the avengers collection that I deleted before.

The name of the server is "Emby on Isen". embyserver.txt

Let me know what other info you need! Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 9.07.23 AM.png

Locutus64

So you still have Collections as a library instead of a dropdown menu on the right side? I had to resort to my libraries being at the bottom since with the last few betas Collections only appear on the left as a dropdown menu.

I don't understand "Collections as a library"; as far as I know, the collections are created automatically. I can access them from the menu on the left; also there is a "Collections" tab in each movie libraries. 

Locutus64
15 hours ago, lantana said:

I don't understand "Collections as a library"; as far as I know, the collections are created automatically. I can access them from the menu on the left; also there is a "Collections" tab in each movie libraries. 

It used to be when you created a Collection it automatically created A Collections Library which looked uniformed with one's other libraries at the top of Emby. With it as a dropdown menu on the left it looks out of place since the rest of the libraries listed on the left are not dropdown list. I have suggested if the devs are going to do Collections as a dropdown list they should continue the aesthetic and have all the libraries on the left as dropdown list. 

freddyfinn

Same Problem here

On 11/6/2023 at 3:29 AM, lantana said:

The collection shows montage of individual movies instead of downloading collection image from metadata provider. I attached a side by side comparison. On the left is the new Emby. It looks quite bad...

Been doing this for a few weeks now.  Mine are all screwed up too.  Normally happens to mine when they do a plugin update and i just do a metadata refesh but alas the collections are not grabbing the updated covers anymore or grabbing some and not others.  Prime example is the garfield collection https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/86115-garfield-collection correctly identified with 4 covers. Even a manual image edit doesnt show the covers.  The attached log txt shows what happens when you do a full metadata refresh including images. 

New Text Document.txt

Junglejim
On 06/11/2023 at 07:15, lantana said:

I guess you would call it a virtual library and as you said will be created automatically if you have the option set in your movie library..

Screenshot_2023-11-11_13-14-26.png.2f7bd223d5d51b5de0179eb79cea6825.png

Then you should have a collection (virtual) library created witch can be accessed from the home menu or side menu etc. and has its own library settings..

Screenshot_2023-11-11_13-22-38.thumb.png.87c1259e2d95479a38433a556e20852c.png

Screenshot_2023-11-11_13-16-07.png.b3676ac2d5b0d55e21b48a45bbfcf411.png

I've personally never created a collection, it's all done auto from TMDB..

Screenshot_2023-11-11_13-24-51.thumb.png.0ae797106795beaf418e88b2fe358c97.png

I'm also running a docker in OMV and I must admit I've never run into this issue with covers, the last collection that was added was just the other day and worked fine..

Screenshot_2023-11-11_13-28-59.png.e5c106cc7e50c103578383118f056ce6.png

One thing I did notice from your SS is the language of the Emby GUI is different (English/Chinese?) not sure if that helps or is a factor??

Edited by Junglejim

Junglejim
On 10/11/2023 at 18:48, freddyfinn said:

Same Problem here

Been doing this for a few weeks now.  Mine are all screwed up too.  Normally happens to mine when they do a plugin update and i just do a metadata refesh but alas the collections are not grabbing the updated covers anymore or grabbing some and not others.  Prime example is the garfield collection https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/86115-garfield-collection correctly identified with 4 covers. Even a manual image edit doesnt show the covers.  The attached log txt shows what happens when you do a full metadata refresh including images. 

New Text Document.txt 3.03 kB · 1 download

Plugin update? Emby has had the Collections/Auto Box Sets merged into core for a long time now. You don't need the plugin anymore unless your on some legacy version of Emby for some reason. Is that what your referring too (Auto Box Sets)?

Hi Guys,

Seems I'm having the same issue as per my post here:

Collection image recovery after backup restore from old to new server

@seanbuffindicated appears to be a similar issue.

I've tried copying the data from the old server "Collections" folder in the metadata with no joy.

Just trying a DB restart (ie. rename orignal to .old & starting from scratch) going to see if that makes a difference as only appeared to stay was users and library locations.

Just seems weird that this is starting to happen.

@Junglejim, thank you for your detailed explanation. You noticed right, my old Emby instance is set to be Chinese. I don't think setting the language as Chinese has anything to do with this problem.

On 11/10/2023 at 11:16 AM, gtilburg said:

Same issue on a.clean server 4.7.14.0

Right, my new instance is also  4.7.14.0. I should add here that my old instance that does not have this problem is 4.7.11.0

Thank you for the summary!

In my case, Collections still displays as one of the libraries under "My Media" on the top of the home page. Basically, on the surface, everything is the same except the montage image.

• Thanks 1

seanbuff
11 minutes ago, lantana said:

In my case, Collections still displays as one of the libraries under "My Media"

Thanks for the clarification, I will update my post accordingly.

@seanbuffcan confirm my last attempt at DB rebuild didn't work. I can confirm that the instances for both servers is current 4.7.14.0

I even deleted the legacy Collection folder from the old Boxset plugin just incase.

• Thanks 1

Locutus64
7 hours ago, seanbuff said:

In some instances 'Collections' no longer displays as an independent library, accessible now only via Sidebar menu, or Movies sub-menu

Still a must fix, or make ALL libraries listed on the left dropdown menus and put the libraries in the main view at the bottom.

• Agree 1

seanbuff
38 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

Still a must fix, or make ALL libraries listed on the left dropdown menus and put the libraries in the main view at the bottom.

Out of curiosity, did you recently rebuild your Emby instance or restore from a backup?

hthgihwaymonk

On a fresh install of any recent beta I also the following issues -

'Collections' no longer displays as an independent library, accessible now only via Sidebar menu, or Movies sub-menu.
This is true for "PlayLists` as well, they no longer displays as an independent library.

• Thanks 1

seanbuff
1 hour ago, Locutus64 said:

Does it matter? Cause creating a library automatically once one collection is created has been removed from from Emby. 

I'm just trying to find any patterns to help narrow down the issue, but thanks anyway.

Locutus64
1 hour ago, seanbuff said:

I'm just trying to find any patterns to help narrow down the issue, but thanks anyway.

Sorry but it's not an actual issue. They removed the feature.

It's an issue with the moviedb api, or at the very least, a difference in behavior compared to their other api's. I just need to put enough info together to file an issue with them.

• Thanks 1

Locutus64
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It's an issue with the moviedb api, or at the very least, a difference in behavior compared to their other api's. I just need to put enough info together to file an issue with them.

So the feature is broken then and not removed? If that's the case you and at least two others gave the impression that it was deliberately removed.

50 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

So the feature is broken then and not removed? If that's the case you and at least two others gave the impression that it was deliberately removed.

I think you're mistaking what this topic is about. This particular topic is purely about the image for an individual collection. That's all that's being discussed in this specific forum thread.

Locutus64

@Luke you're the one that answered under my post so one is going to assume you're commenting on their post. But again with you a day late and a dollar short.

• Facepalm 1