Emby becomes unresponseive every few hours (loog fragments inside)

jeremyrent

jeremyrent

Emby Version 4.7.14.0 installed via docker on Ubuntu 22.04

Every few hours my Emby becomes unresponsive and restarting my Emby docker container is the only solution. With htop I noticed that everytime that happens the command on the top is the following one:

/app/emby/EmbyServer -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3

I'm attaching part of the log from right before I restarted the docker container so it could work again.

What is causing this to occurre every few hours and how could I fix it?   

embyserver-63834379606.txt

jeremyrent
26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. Thanks

Is there any way I can upload it and get all the IP addresses removed without changing it manually on hundreds of lines?

Edited by jeremyrent

sargenthp

You might be limited on your disk space.  As you are watching TV it is transcoding it to a temporary file on disk so you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward.  Sounds like you are using up your space with this temporary file.

Next time you see this check your disk levels and look for a filesystem at 100% full.

jeremyrent

Ok, so here is the full log.

My hard drive wasn't running out of space but my media folders (movies and tv) are mounted with rclone and they have assigned 150gb of cache each cache. When the cache get's filled then whatever is older gets deleted to make up for more space within the cache.

That type of setup doesn't affect the space available for Emby to generate transcodes and logs. In any case I'll check if when Emby becames unresponsive again I'll check if the cache folders of my media libraries were full or not.

In the meantime I'd appreciate if someone else can have a look to attached log just in case you spot something else causing the issue

embyserver-63834379606.txt

Edited by jeremyrent
removed sensitive info

Maybe there's just more file I/O going on than the rclone mounts can handle or allow? For something that we know performs slowly and limits requests, you may want to be more conservative with the features that you enable and the plugins that you install.

For example, you could try removing these plugins and see how performance compares:

2023-10-31 09:00:15.375 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.1.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/CoverArt.dll
2023-10-31 09:00:15.375 Info App: Loading SmartPlaylist, Version=2.4.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/SmartPlaylist.dll
2023-10-31 09:00:15.375 Info App: Loading AutoCollections, Version=1.0.0.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/AutoCollections.dll

Additionally, you appear to have some library options enabled, all of which come with a cost:

• Downloading images in advance
  • Intro detection
  • Realtime monitor

I'm not saying you need to take away all of these things but you may need to take away some of them. 

Additionally the upcoming 4.8 server release does have faster library scans with slightly reduced disk I/O so keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...
jeremyrent

@Lukehere I am again.
I disabled few plugins and few features when you suggested it and Emby didn't froze for two days or so... but it did again now.
The server space wasn't full and I didn't even have many users watching content.

Emby froze again and it wasn't even generating new logs so I had to restart Emby docker container.
I was lucky enough to get the logs before restarting the container. I can't interpret the logs to find out what caused the freeze but I see some loop of errors after  timestap  2023-11-13 05:41:06.610. Log attached

PS: on the same server I have jellyfin and plex running (backups just in case Emby goes down and I can't fix it) but none of them crash as often as Emby a 😕

embyserver-63835456770.txt

Edited by jeremyrent