TheMovieDB doesnt get the right language metadata

Manschk3rl
Go to solution Solved by Manschk3rl,

Hi, i think since the update to 4.7.14.0 is my emby bugged. If i upload a new Movie/Serie, emby will only fetch the english metadata. Not the german ones.

Yes i looked up on TheMovieDB and theres a german translation for the Movie.

embyserver.txt

The example would be "/mnt/Backup2iSCSI/Serien/Elite/Staffel 07/Elite S07E01 - Las Encinas.mkv"

a completely new series. He downloaded the series description in English and nothing at all for the episode. no title and no description.

I use "TheMovieDB" as the only fetcher normaly. But now i have enabled "TheTVDB" so i get a few results and dont have to edit all metadata manually. So its "TheMovieDB" on the first position and "TheTvDB" on the second.

image.png.628165cbe121aa7d53a0c1fca4efbe21.png

i have the same problem, i rescan today a part of my movies and everything is english. 

Covers are coming in german, only titel and plot are english

settings:

metadata language is german

country language is germany

Edited by minos

Hmm i cannot confirm that. I uploaded a new episode and its still not fetching the metadata. on the other side... filebot can fetch the data from themoviedb so i guess its emby or my configuration. Apart from that, I have to migrate the embyserver to a new ubuntu version anyway. I'll do it once and then let you know again.

image.thumb.png.4cdc248d859a2062435a7dfad409b63c.png

image.thumb.png.075c00c72423798e732a3aa94e2cbc72.png

Hi, try setting your metadata country to Germany. Moviedb has two separate languages for de-de and de-AT.

de-AT seems to be very incomplete compared to de-DE.

unfortunately no. But since I'm the only one having the problem, I'll just live with it until I migrate the emby server.

1 hour ago, Manschk3rl said:

unfortunately no. But since I'm the only one having the problem, I'll just live with it until I migrate the emby server.

no today i have it again....i try to bring all movies back to a german discription, the first ones are working and i get german, but now after 20 working ones i have the problem again

settings are de-DE

Poster / Schlagzeile are german

plot is english

i think moviedb has a problem with the translater

Screenshot 2023-10-31 113521.jpg

Edited by minos

8 hours ago, minos said:

no today i have it again....i try to bring all movies back to a german discription, the first ones are working and i get german, but now after 20 working ones i have the problem again

settings are de-DE

Poster / Schlagzeile are german

plot is english

i think moviedb has a problem with the translater

Screenshot 2023-10-31 113521.jpg

Server log? Did you compare to what data movie db has?

• Solution

I found some fix for me. @Lukewas right with:

On 10/30/2023 at 10:19 PM, Luke said:

Hi, try setting your metadata country to Germany. Moviedb has two separate languages for de-de and de-AT.

de-AT seems to be very incomplete compared to de-DE.

I created myself an api key on TheMovieDB and looked up the api request from emby:

2023-11-06 08:04:24.016 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/76669/season/7/episode/8?api_key=x_secret1_x&append_to_response=images,external_ids,credits,videos&language=de-AT&include_image_language=de-AT,de,null,en

Respond:

"name": "Episode 8",
    "overview": "",

If i change the "de-AT" to "de-DE" in the URL the response looks fine:

"name": "Ich will, dass alles ein Ende hat",
    "overview": "Ein neuer Todesfall schockiert alle an der Las Encinas. Iván macht Joel einen spontanen Vorschlag und Isadora muss über das Schicksal ihrer Eltern entscheiden.",

If I change the library settings to German / Germany and rescan the metadata of the series it now works. I'll just leave it in German / Germany.

• Thanks 1