Music library 'Stations'

Darren & Gemma

Darren & Gemma

Hi.

I hate to bring up Plex features, but the Music library feature of 'Stations' is excellent.

When you have e such a vast array of music, and you want a quick way to play a style, era, artist or genre of music, this is so helpful. Would be a perfect feature for Emby.

I feel the music library functionality of Emby is the part that needs the most work.

Thanks

Screenshot_20231027_082108_Plexamp.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

@Darren & GemmaYou could try the Smart Playlists 2.0 Plug-in. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99885-new-plugin-smart-playlists-20/

I've used it to create Decade Music Playlists which can be shuffled. This is one of the radio examples you have given. It is really quick and easy to set up once you have manually installed the plug-in and get the hang of it. It took me longer to create the graphics than set up the playlists!

image.thumb.png.d8e3c5e9f39f53b937443a00d986a201.png

playlistsortoptions.thumb.jpg.c73dffaa7c7ee544bd53121fd3dc797c.jpg

image.thumb.png.47f5a64d96bff1c688ade107220368d3.pngI think it could be possible to create much more sophisticated music playlists (a.k.a radio stations) incorporating genres and other info you have tagged your music with, but I haven't gotten around to exploring this fully as yet.  Doing a very quick test just now, I set up a "70s Rock Station" by combining the Rock genre with the decade information:

image.thumb.png.dd965bcb23d1ae51f02f5842b084ad95.png

Anyway, it could be worth trying the plug-in as it may get you some way towards what you want to achieve without too much difficulty?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

PuffyToesToo
On 11/27/2023 at 3:26 AM, user24 said:

@Darren & GemmaYou could try the Smart Playlists 2.0 Plug-in. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99885-new-plugin-smart-playlists-20/

I've used it to create Decade Music Playlists which can be shuffled. This is one of the radio examples you have given. It is really quick and easy to set up once you have manually installed the plug-in and get the hang of it. It took me longer to create the graphics than set up the playlists!

image.thumb.png.d8e3c5e9f39f53b937443a00d986a201.png

playlistsortoptions.thumb.jpg.c73dffaa7c7ee544bd53121fd3dc797c.jpg

image.thumb.png.47f5a64d96bff1c688ade107220368d3.pngI think it could be possible to create much more sophisticated music playlists (a.k.a radio stations) incorporating genres and other info you have tagged your music with, but I haven't gotten around to exploring this fully as yet.  Doing a very quick test just now, I set up a "70s Rock Station" by combining the Rock genre with the decade information:

image.thumb.png.dd965bcb23d1ae51f02f5842b084ad95.png

Anyway, it could be worth trying the plug-in as it may get you some way towards what you want to achieve without too much difficulty?

Yes, this is exactly what I have done. I also have it refresh content every week so that it doesn't get stuck playing the same songs in the same order. Working well.

• Like 1