Moving from Kodi to Emby library

Gandalf2033

Gandalf2033

Hello everyone,

Having been a Kodi user for over 10 years, I have just discovered Emby with enthusiasm.
Kodi is installed on a Windows 11 PC connected to the main TV. Until now, Kodi's database was sufficient for my own use.

With two teenagers at home, sharing media has become something attractive! So I installed an Emby server on the same machine and created libraries.

Tests on my children's machines with clean Kodi client installations + the emby next gen plugin are conclusive.

The last step for me is to connect the historical kodi to the Emby library. And this is where I have a few questions:

1- Before installing emby next gen, are there things to do, to clean on the Kodi database to avoid any problems? duplicates?

2- I use the Aeon Nox Silvo skin that I customized and which suits me completely. Are there things to save? How can I get the same display back once I've switched to Emby?

Thanks

1- Before installing emby next gen, are there things to do, to clean on the Kodi database to avoid any problems? duplicates?

Hi, not that I've ever heard of.

Regarding that skin, looks like there are others using it as well: 

Gandalf2033

Thanks for the response Luke.

Sorry, I don't know how it works.
If I activate the plugin as is, I'll end up with duplicate everything, right?
Shouldn't we deactivate something in Kodi and clean the library before configuring Emby plugin?