Small Points

scb99

I put the beta on my laptop last weekend. Considering it's not the main target usage, it worked well. And overall, it's a remarkable achievement I was really impressed.

I just have 2 small points

1. The first episode name is often obscured by the season image, which is actually quite annoying, see attached

2. This is a design question, and probably down to copying WMC which I have never used, but in my usage, it would be much better to have Actions after Seasons / Episodes

Cheers, Steve

image.thumb.png.cc8261f16326f975c4c8644a487ac2aa.png 

On 10/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, scb99 said:

2. This is a design question, and probably down to copying WMC which I have never used, but in my usage, it would be much better to have Actions after Seasons / Episodes

The first 3 slides (not always are all 3 visible) are special in the way that they are sharing the buttons area, that's why they need to appear in sequency. The first slide cannot be changed, only 2nd and 3rd (and only 2nd and 3rd of those three).

On 10/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, scb99 said:

1. The first episode name is often obscured by the season image, which is actually quite annoying, see attached

That's more difficult. Images can have different formats (e.g. landscape or square). WMC has smaller image sizes (and no view like above anyway). The current way is a good compromise, but not always great (like in your example).

Making the images smaller is the only way to fix this.

TBH, I'm not quite sure how to outweigh image size vs. visibility of details in this case..

I've no idea what is behind, but would it be possible to use CSS FLOAT to have the text avoid the image?

The text is actually more important than the image, when you think about it, the image is just a cue, but the text carries information

GrimReaper

That'd still overlap, IMHO it should be either a fraction smaller image or increased padding on top for episode details. 

10 minutes ago, scb99 said:

I've no idea what is behind, but would it be possible to use CSS FLOAT to have the text avoid the image?

The text is actually more important than the image, when you think about it, the image is just a cue, but the text carries information

F12 - go and try...  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, I don't think I will go down the F12 rabbithole, because I know myself and I will never come out, but thanks for the invitation 😉 

• Haha 1