No images are displayed in web interface

dominicM

dominicM

@@francisuk1989

You need to make sure the user you are running MB as has permissions to read/write to your image storage directory. You will need to research this as you will continue to have permissions issues at every corner if you don't know how they work in linux :)

@@danyboy666

I tied that with no change. I also tried IE and it doesn't work same as in chrome so I guess it's not the same issue.

I am starting to doubt that it was ever an issue with webp. If you looks at the error in my original post it seems to points to libgdiplus:

System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so

Any ideas how to fix this?

francisuk1989

@@francisuk1989

You need to make sure the user you are running MB as has permissions to read/write to your image storage directory. You will need to research this as you will continue to have permissions issues at every corner if you don't know how they work in linux :)

@@danyboy666

I tied that with no change. I also tried IE and it doesn't work same as in chrome so I guess it's not the same issue.

I am starting to doubt that it was ever an issue with webp. If you looks at the error in my original post it seems to points to libgdiplus:

System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers dominicM

danyboy666

Maybe the two are linked.

As mentioned by Luke in post #13 the issue is with libwebp and you seem to be missing that whole library in your system.

root@Server:/usr/local/lib# apt-get install libwebp*Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.a
E
: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.a'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.la
E: Couldn'
t find any package by regex 'libwebp.la'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.so
E
: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.so'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.so.5
E: Couldn'
t find any package by regex 'libwebp.so.5'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.so.5.0.2
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.so.5.0.2'

I would start with that.

What version of the mediabrowser did you install? 

I followed this post http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10788-debian-package/

I just Installed the .deb, mono-complete. I've only installed libwebp-dev package afterward after seeing a similar post on this forum with similar logs in an attempt to fix.

dominicM

I installed it manually (download page->linux->manual). Like I said I used mono 3.6 so maybe that's the cause but then that only means MB is broken since there's nothing odd about using a newer non bleeding-edge version.

dominicM

@@danyboy666 Ok, so I used apt-get install libwebp-dev then apt-get install libwebp* command worked but I realised that it requires 6.7GB space! There is no way that should be required. Did you really download 1.4GB worth of packages?

Edited by dominicM

danyboy666

@@danyboy666 Ok, so I used apt-get install libwebp-dev then apt-get install libwebp* command worked but I realised that it requires 6.7GB space! There is no way that should be required. Did you really download 1.4GB worth of packages?

You shouldn't have to run apt-get install libwebp*  I only did it for a lost cause lol.  libwebp-dev should be enough.

dominicM

In that case I really don't think it's anything to do with libwebp. I tried changing relative paths to absolute paths within the config file, I tired changing them to the path of the installed libwebp-dev. I don't see what else there is to try related to libwebp. There is also no mention of libwebp in the error message. I am out of things to try so I guess I will have to ditch Media Browser until it is fixed.

Edited by dominicM

dominicM

I tried the same on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 with packaged mono version and still the same 2 issues. MediaBrowser is absolutely broken.

hurricanehrndz

@@danyboy666 I didn't try IE so I don't know if it's the same issue exactly. So you didn't get it to work at all? I tried sudo apt-get install libwebp* but I got errors below:

root@Server:/usr/local/lib# apt-get install libwebp*Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.a
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.a'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.la
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.la'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.so
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.so'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.so.5
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.so.5'
E: Unable to locate package libwebp.so.5.0.2
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebp.so.5.0.2'

libwebp in the ppa is outdated compared to the one included with mediabrowser. Try the mediabrowser ppa, it should work.

hurricanehrndz

I tried the same on Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 with packaged mono version and still the same 2 issues. MediaBrowser is absolutely broken.

Again. I have no issues. And I even use Ubuntu 14.04 with docker and my images are fine. Please try the docker or the new ppa. Libwebp in the ppa is outdated an incompatible. There is a new mediabrowser being release soon too that will not depend on libwebp.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

dominicM

Docker installation may be different. It certainly did not work with manual install, with the new Ubuntu package it worked fine, so it was and probably still is a major bug with manual install.

hurricanehrndz

Glad it worked out. The ppa doesn't depend on the libwebp that is available from the ubuntu repository because its outdated. So rather it depends and points to the one that is included in the deb.