SmartTube plug-in for emby

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Hi all, 

Two of the best apps imo are Emby and SmartTube (YouTube with adds removed). It would be superb if these two could be combined or and addin that can allow start of smartTube from Emby and ideally some integration to return or start emby from within SmartTube.

https://smarttube.app/

On 10/21/2023 at 6:24 AM, PrincessClevage said:

YouTube with adds removed

Hi.  Wouldn't that be against the terms of use of YT?  How does that work?

PrincessClevage
On 10/23/2023 at 9:04 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  Wouldn't that be against the terms of use of YT?  How does that work?

I don’t think you tube can enforce what client is used to watch YouTube content.

app is supported and developed here:

34 minutes ago, PrincessClevage said:

I don’t think you tube can enforce what client is used to watch YouTube content.

app is supported and developed here:

They can't stop people from hacking the api, but they can put out terms of usage and let everyone know that if you violate those terms, and they find out, then they will take action. And since they also control the play store as well as google search indexing, that's a big deal. 

One of their terms of usage is that all youtube api usage must be using official google-built developer libraries. Is SmartTube built with that? 

PrincessClevage
58 minutes ago, Luke said:

They can't stop people from hacking the api, but they can put out terms of usage and let everyone know that if you violate those terms, and they find out, then they will take action. And since they also control the play store as well as google search indexing, that's a big deal. 

One of their terms of usage is that all youtube api usage must be using official google-built developer libraries. Is SmartTube built with that? 

This question would be best posed to the developer, but as smart tube has been around for quite some time, I would assume that if it warranted any preventative actions they would already be in place

59 minutes ago, PrincessClevage said:

This question would be best posed to the developer, but as smart tube has been around for quite some time, I would assume that if it warranted any preventative actions they would already be in place

It was a rhetorical question. the answer is obviously no, because using the official developer libs it is not possible to remove ads.

Anybody who has an app in any store is not going to want to embed something like that because if you get caught then your whole way of living could be gone in an instant.

Am I reading their descriptions right where they're also hacking into Youtube premium without you having to pay for that?

PrincessClevage
21 hours ago, Luke said:

It was a rhetorical question. the answer is obviously no, because using the official developer libs it is not possible to remove ads.

Anybody who has an app in any store is not going to want to embed something like that because if you get caught then your whole way of living could be gone in an instant.

Am I reading their descriptions right where they're also hacking into Youtube premium without you having to pay for that?

I am not aware of the latter. Perhaps a plug-in that can allow calling of other locally installed apps then?

11 minutes ago, PrincessClevage said:

I am not aware of the latter. Perhaps a plug-in that can allow calling of other locally installed apps then?

That's what the channels framework that we already have is for. For example, the trailer plugin. So you need to build a plugin for SmartTube.

Actually there's three options, all of which would work today:

• Channel plugin
  • Generate strm files based on smarttube content
  • Generate rss feeds based on smarttube content and import those using the podcasts plugin

There's no one size fits all that will work with anything, so any of those options would require you to become familiar with smarttube's api. there's no getting around that. But I can answer questions about the emby side of things.