WMC gui integration in MCE

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

As longterm fan of both Emby and MCE, I'm still bound to run the older version of Emby on my server in order to stay MCE compatible (already for approx.2 years?). 

As the new WMC gui future (....) has been created by 'Softworkz', I would like to create a combination of both worlds:

• Still use MCE for TV recording (here in the Netherlands, we record Dutch, German, Belgium, English, etc. Full-HD TV-stations: I'm using 3x Digital Everywhere FireDTV cards with 3x Ziggo CI-cards in my Win7 MCE system already for years)
  • Start using the new WMC gui with Emby from my Emby server

Question: how can I integrate the new WMC gui into my existing MCE by using a normal remote control and thus not having to stop MCE, start WMC gui with a keyboard, etc.: an integration of the new WMC gui intro the existing MCE would be great, but how ? (I now have simular integration of Emby within MCE, but is that also usable with the new WMC gui ?)

Thanks & best regards,

Peter

Edited by Peter Nent

jachin99

Your best bet is probably to add Emby Theater WMC UI to WMC's start menu.  Searching the green button forums would probably be a good way to figure out how to do that .  When Emby Theater WMC launches it should hopefully receive remote focus.  I know you can launch web pages from WMC so one of those approaches would probably be your best bet

Peter Nent

BIG steps made with a lot of success:

• Upgrades Emby server to v4.7.14.0 (latest released version) from v4.6.x, after making a full backup of all Emby Server directories
  • As I installed-deïnstalled several TV-tuner solutions, I recognised that the database was somewhat cluttered (strange EPG entries kept up commiing, although the plu-in and all other Live-TV stuff was uninstalled), also re-install and de-install did't get rid of the Live-TV + EPG informtion in the database.....also comprssing the database didn't solve this issue.....thus: backup of the library.db, rebuilding/reindexing all data seemd to be the solution.....
  • Reindexing took approx. 18 hours for all data: approx 99,9% is OK again....isn't that great !

Step-1 Live-TV solution with VU+ UNO-4K (DVB-C with FSB tuner end Ziggo paycard, see VU Plus😞

• Installed the Emby VU+ plugin and all >400 channels were all available, EPG took some time, but also that work fine. As the VU+ UNO4K is using a FSB tuner: you can use many channels simultanious, for example recording+TV-looking....works fast & without any issues and is somewhat legal !: GREAT 
  • Two issues:
    • EPG TV-channel logo's are not available (probably due to an issue in the VU+ plugin?)
    • Within WMC. Live-TV, the channels are not identified (see attachment): that is not comfortable....please fix

Step-2 Live-TV solution with IPTV

• In the past months, I tested a IPTV solution with a seperate EPG supplier: I finally found out how to scope with the 'too' big amount of TV-channels, VDO, TV-series, etc. simple by choosing the correct categorie
  • The quality of the full-HD (or 4K) looks ok, but if you are quality minded: especially with moving/panning video, the picture is unstable probably due to limited bandwith of IPTV....but TV-channel logo's worked with any issue ! and in most cases, the IPTV channels were always avaliable and fast channel-switching !

WMC is currently in beta-test and available as browser, Windows and Andoid stand-alone, which is great, but:

• I had to test it on my MCE system, which runs Windows-7 (=MCE limitation) and thus didn't accept the WMC-standalone....unfortunately, luckely the browser version works on Edge/Win7...although not as smooth as MCE on Win7....
  • Not all text of WMC is translated into Dutch; is someone helping you on that matter 

I'm not sure if all this has to be translated into Github, or that you guess will do that ?

I'll continue testing WMC as a functional tester if it helps you to improve it, is there already a final release date set ?

Thanks & best regards,

Peter

2023-10-23 21_55_35-Live TV en nog 14 andere pagina's - Persoonlijk - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-10-23 220317.png

• Like 1

Peter Nent

Dear Luke, great to make this 'bug' step and to be up-to-date again, after approx. 2-2,5 years waiting, staying on v4.6.x due to MCE limitations. 

I have new 'hope' on the brand new WMC gui developement, which I hope to use together with the VU+ Uno-4K FSB TV-tuner solution, although it is not up to the quality and functionality I hope it finally will be....

Grtz.Peter 

2 hours ago, Peter Nent said:

Dear Luke, great to make this 'bug' step and to be up-to-date again, after approx. 2-2,5 years waiting, staying on v4.6.x due to MCE limitations. 

I have new 'hope' on the brand new WMC gui developement, which I hope to use together with the VU+ Uno-4K FSB TV-tuner solution, although it is not up to the quality and functionality I hope it finally will be....

Grtz.Peter 

Can you shutdown your server and zip up your library.db file and PM it to me? It will be useful for 4.8 upgrade testing. 

it can be found in the server data folder:

Emby Server Data Folder

And then the /data subfolder underneath that. Thanks.