Tizen QoL suggestions

DatsiK96

DatsiK96

I'm aware that some of these may have already been suggested, so I apologize if I'm wasting anyone's time.

Firstly, login. Should be a TV login, not a browser login. I should be able to go to the emby login link via the browser to link the TV to my account with a code. Typing a password with a remote is kind of... Strange.

Secondly, the search keyboard. Why is it a single row of ABC ordered keys? Should be multiple rows (3 rows) at the very least, as this makes searching anything on Tizen a pain.

Thirdly, if I've logged into the emby app, I should be able to swap profiles. But as it stands right now, if user1 clicks on swap user, and clicks on any user, including their selves, it prompts for a login. But if I press the back button, the user homepage is displayed and I don't have to log in again. So this seems to me to be a workflow issue. Essentially the app is told to prompt for login, regardless of the user credentials are cached or not.

Fourthly, the voice search for Tizen never worked... But why was it removed? Is it still being worked on, or has it been dropped for some reason?

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that works on Emby, it is a great product, and I know this post seemed complainy or overall negative, just wanted to make sure you know Emby is loved. Thank you! 

Should be a TV login, not a browser login.

HI, it is a TV login, not a browser login. Why do you think it's a browser login?

Thirdly, if I've logged into the emby app, I should be able to swap profiles. But as it stands right now, if user1 clicks on swap user, and clicks on any user, including their selves, it prompts for a login. But if I press the back button, the user homepage is displayed and I don't have to log in again. So this seems to me to be a workflow issue. Essentially the app is told to prompt for login, regardless of the user credentials are cached or not.

HI, yes we are actively working on improving this in conjunction with the profile pin feature.

Fourthly, the voice search for Tizen never worked... But why was it removed? Is it still being worked on, or has it been dropped for some reason?

Hi, yes we're going to revisit it, but in the meantime the icon shouldn't be there.

DatsiK96
3 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, it is a TV login, not a browser login. Why do you think it's a browser login?

I should have elaborated, I meant it's a standard login requesting username and password, like the same you find in your browser, vs the TV link methodology that other apps, and even emby on other devices use. To sign in, it generates a code, usually 4 to 6 alphanumeric, tells you to go to a site, you sign in on your phone or computer usually, then enter the code, and then it links the TV. 

4 minutes ago, DatsiK96 said:

I should have elaborated, I meant it's a standard login requesting username and password, like the same you find in your browser, vs the TV link methodology that other apps, and even emby on other devices use. To sign in, it generates a code, usually 4 to 6 alphanumeric, tells you to go to a site, you sign in on your phone or computer usually, then enter the code, and then it links the TV. 

Hi, we do have that. That's the Emby Connect sign in process, but I'm guessing you must have clicked Skip and connect manually, right?

DatsiK96
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we do have that. That's the Emby Connect sign in process, but I'm guessing you must have clicked Skip and connect manually, right?

Mmm. I dunno, mainly see this when trying to switch users. I just ended up disabling local auth for the specific users. That will work for now, I suppose. Thanks for the quick responses. 

• Thanks 1