Rescan Emby server from Samsung app?

Markedly
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Markedly

I've recently added the Emby app to my new Samsung tv, and installed the server to my Synology NAS.

It's working reasonably well, though I can't find a way to trigger a library rescan from the Samsung app - particularly necessary if a new movie has just been added to the NAS.  The Emby management webpage hosted by the server app can rescan, but not the Samsung client app.

Also, if any of the developers are reading this, I would much prefer to browse my movies by a detailed list showing full file names, rather than by tiles showing the first word of the film's title.

Edited by Markedly
hit submit by mistake

• Solution

Hi, if you highlight a library in my media, and then press the menu or info button on that, then you should get a context menu for it.

• Thanks 1

Markedly
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, if you highlight a library in my media, and then press the menu or info button on that, then you should get a context menu for it.

Got it.  Thanks.

I hadn't seen that option as I was using the slimline Samsung remote, and it doesn't have an Info button.

Wouldn't showing the context menu also with a long press of the OK button make sense too?

8 hours ago, Markedly said:

Wouldn't showing the context menu also with a long press of the OK button make sense too?

Yes it would.