How to keep folder structure and file names and not using Emby TV...

loop11

Hello I'm new Emby user on Ubuntu and I'm testing should I buy premium, but I cant use Emby style of TV structure.

Nothing in the TV folder is recognized. 90% of TV titles has own folder for each episode which is the same as a the file name without extension of course, with dots after each word or number.

Also I cant change the folder names neither the file names. Only thing that I can do is if there is automatic tool which could recognized title and TV series with episode number and place it in the metada nfo file that would be recognized by the Emby TV agent.

10% of files are tv episodes without the folder but with the scheme which is not compatible with the Emby TV scheme.

Just as reminder Plex TV agent recognized 100% each tv  series and each episode.

Is there such tool for ubuntu.

Is there some plugin that could use my TV folder structure?

Example of my tv structure

TV/

/Ahsoka.S01E01.1080p.DDPA5.1.H.264/

Ahsoka.S01E01.1080p.DDPA5.1.H.264.mkv

GrimReaper
24 minutes ago, loop11 said:

90% of TV titles has own folder for each episode which is the same as a the file name without extension of course, with dots after each word or number

24 minutes ago, loop11 said:

Is there some plugin that could use my TV folder structure?

3 minutes ago, loop11 said:

Example of my tv structure

TV/

/Ahsoka.S01E01.1080p.DDPA5.1.H.264/

Ahsoka.S01E01.1080p.DDPA5.1.H.264.mkv

That can't work. No, there's no plugin that could enable that to be recognized AFAIK. 

Maybe something in beta branch might be implemented that would enable it, but IMHO that folder structure is atrocius and it should never be supported, but it's not up to me. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

That can't work. No, there's no plugin that could enable that to be recognized AFAIK. 

Horror, I cant believe that I cant use Emby because it just use strict TV structure policy, I just cant understand why?

For each tv file downloaded you would need manually to move rename and you would need to keep original file to keep seeding.  If you are using tools such filebot and others you will lose proper added date. And you will destroy original file names which is same as gold, you know the source and quality and should you find better version as time pass. You would need to throw all of that in a bin and be a media noob with strict tv structure.

Just cant believe that Plex is so much advanced than Emby, I always hoped that Emby has bigger plugin base better community and that Emby will never use bad ideas because its run by a few closer people.

Sorry if you think I wrote harsh words but I really feel like that. I would literally need to destroy my media library to be compatible with emby TV.

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, try a fresh install of the 4.8 beta channel. You may see better results.

Sorry I didnt saw your post.

One simple question as I see your Movies agent recognized

Movies/

/1917.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264/

/1917.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv

Which means that you have the engine, could you give us option if we want to use same engine you used for movies recognition instead of engine used for TV recognition?

I installed latest beta on ubuntu, seems it remembered some things because I saw there was previously remembered users in the settings.

TV recognition is same maybe even worse than earlier.

I don't know should I delete library and create it again.

Level of bugs that I'm seeing in this version is extreme, maybe they were in non beta version but they are present in this version.

The most problems that I'm seeing is on the Android TV on Sony TV and on the Android Box.

hide watched content from latest media was disabled after new emby start its back again
unchecked library item after emby android tv app restart backs to checked
resume doesn't work
every first start subtitle option is back to default
external subtitles doesn't work
favorites doesn't work
played and unplayed options doesn't working

Web player also have problem with external subtitles, if you have 3 external subtitles beside embedded subtitles, if  you don't pre-select one of the external subtitles manually selecting before you start playing the movie, any of selected subtitles would not work, and if you pre-select one of external subtitles it will work but changing to any other of external subtitles will not load the subtitles even the picture will blink for reload for a sec. But it will not show the subtitle. Returning to originally selected subtitle will load and any other will not load.

Embedded will work in any case.

Refresh metadata is so trippy, any changes to external subtitles are so hard and almost in some cases impossible because of bugs.

Also Refresh metadata is so slow around 20 times slower than on the Plex. And Plex was so slow, this is almost unbearable how slow it is.

Edited by loop11

chowbok

If you're on Linux, why can't you just use hard links and create a more rational structure somewhere else in the same partition?

Compulzive

I think i have the same problem. 

All my TV episode is en a folder, so the system cant find a match. But if i manuelly search it will work. 
the name of the folder is like this: 90.Day.Fiance.Uk.S01.1080p.NORDiC.DSCP.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264
Isn't der any fix for that?

Compulzive

@jaycedkHmm. Then i might have to find another system :(. 

Nu er du fra Odense, så tager den lige på dansk :). 

Hvordan har du løst til? For virker voldsomt omfattende, at skulle give ALT content nyt navn

jaycedk

Staying in english so others can follow.

I'm using sonarr as my media manager, you can use it in legal ways, without using it to download.

Look that up and have is identify your contend, and rename it 🤓

jaycedk

Extra info here is name standart.

Episodes : {Series Title} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title}

Series folder : {Series TitleYear} [TvdbId={TvdbId}]

I also hope identify will upgrade because currently there is no identify now there is only option that engine would read exact info which is not the point of the story, that's exactly whats unneeded and abandoned 10 years ago. I remember XBMC and how bad it was in those years it was one of the worst engines and this looks exactly bad like xbmc.

Plex recognition was perfect you can watch in logs how it would slice and dice folder names and file names, first it would extract all dots in names that it would extract all know suffixes that were unneeded. Also there was option to put in the root of library ignored files list that you could put words like samples extras nfo, but it was not needed because their recognition engine was perfect. Also there was option to include file to exclude words and numbers from recognition scheme.

Like in the above case OP stated he has folder and file with name 90.Day.Fiance.Uk.S01.1080p.NORDiC.DSCP.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264

you could have in the ignore list words

NORDiC

DSCP

WEB-DL

AAC2.0

H.264

And literary recognition would be in just two steps in log instead of plex fighting with get nothing function which would slice and dice in several steps

For example

Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Xxxx Dl Okko 7turza NORDiC
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Dd Dual Riper DSCP
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Dd 1
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Dd WEB-DL
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Aac2 0 Hbo AAC2.0
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Xxxx Amzn Dl Ddp2 0 Flux
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Xxxx S01 Amzn Dl Dd Cinefeel H.264
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series D Absinth 1
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series D Absinth
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Dd Tepes
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Dd Ntb
Plex Media Server[1211]: Got nothing for: Series Dl Dd Ntb 1

I just made above example how would plex slice unneeded words from folders and files, but the basic one is excluding the dots.

I get the emby team they are saying why would we need to slice and dice its up to user to adopt to us not the vice versa.

I'm just saying I understand you, but that doesn't mean its not ancient retired 7 years ago.

Also one thing that's bad for me is that when emby subtitle engine write external sub emby engine doesn't care about folder last modify date it just breaks it, by my opinion emby engine should record last modify date of the folder write the subtitles and  re-modified date to the original.

Thanks god emby doesn't change anything to media file, but changing folder last modify date is bad its maybe for someone little thing but there are lot people who depends on last modify date for the folder.

• Thanks 1

We are continuing to work on improving our scanning and media recognition. The work on that never stops.

Compulzive

@loop11i have made a feature request, made would give the opportunity to identify several items at once. 
So the one Embys isn't matching, you could manully identify without do it one episode at the time. 
Let's hope they can do that :).

ntxts4479

I’m wondering if I’m having a similar issue.  Under TV shows.  I apologize if this is out of place.  I attached an example of what I deal with.  When I download shows with sonarr/transmission they drop into the TV directory.  Sonarr creates the TV series Folder correctly under my media drive under the tv folder and it also creates the correct Season folders under the TV series folder.  The episodes can be found under the seasons folder but as you see emby also displays the episodes folders along side the tv series under the emby tv tab.  The way I’ve hidden them over the last two years is to go into the meta file and insert the word “hide” into the tag.  I setup a rule within parental to hide the tag within the TV folder.  I think I have Sonarr naming correctly but here I am.  Is there something setup wrong in emby that displays the episode folders along side the tv series?  I appreciate is guidance I can get. 

IMG_7380.png

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, ntxts4479 said:

When I download shows with sonarr/transmission they drop into the TV directory.  Sonarr creates the TV series Folder correctly under my media drive under the tv folder and it also creates the correct Season folders under the TV series folder.

That should generally work. Can you share a screenshot of your TV shows root and Our Flag Means... series and 1 season folder contents?