emby Audio cannot be passed through,There are no Dolby and DTS option

My playback device is ZIDOO Z9S, and the audio decoding device is Yamaha RX-V6A

The connection sequence is: HDMI of Z9S--HDMI1 interface of Yamaha RX-V6A--Yamaha HDMI OUT connected to the TV

When I use KODI or the system's built-in player to play a movie, the Yamaha amplifier displays Dolby Atmos or DTS-X, but when I use EMBY to play the same movie, the Yamaha amplifier displays PCM. I confirmed that audio passthrough is turned on on zidoo z9s

I tried the TV version and the Android version apk, but the problem was not solved

I tried to use a PC to replace the ZIOO Z9S. The Yamaha amplifier can receive Dolby Atmos and DTS-X normally, but I am used to using an Android box.

My English is very bad. This is what I translated using Google. I hope you can understand it.

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

embyserver.txt

6 hours ago, 275106590 said:

the Yamaha amplifier displays Dolby Atmos or DTS-X,

Hi.  The example you showed is DTS-HD.  Is that supported by both the box and the receiver?

13 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The example you showed is DTS-HD.  Is that supported by both the box and the receiver?

Is there any solution?

rbjtech
On 09/10/2023 at 18:50, 275106590 said:

I confirmed that audio passthrough is turned on on zidoo z9s

Have you also turned on Audio Passthrough on (for each Audio Codec) in the Emby AndroidTV App ?

On 2023/10/12 at PM9点43分, rbjtech said:

您是否还在 Emby AndroidTV 应用程序中打开了音频直通(针对每个音频编解码器)?

My emby program installed on zidoo does not have Dolby and DTS options

rbjtech
1 minute ago, 275106590 said:

My emby program installed on zidoo does not have Dolby and DTS options

The Zidoo OS is a custom Android version, thus support is going to be limited unless emby decide to add custom Z9S support.

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, 275106590 said:

Isn't there any solution now? I can only use jellyfin provided by https://github.com/Andy2244/jellyfin-androidtv-zidoo now, but I would love to use emby

In short, no.  If emby wish to add Z9S full support as the JF fork above has done (incl Direct File access), then that is up to them.

On 2023/10/18 at AM6点36分, Luke said:

所以问题只是你无法传递音频?

Yes, my movie is Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which can be used when I use the Zhidoo system player, but the emby player must

On 2023/10/18 at AM8点07分, Luke said:

另外这个设备运行什么版本的android?

Android 7.1.1

I recently discovered that emby can set up the use of external players in the settings, and then select the zidoo player. In this way, using zidoo's player to watch videos can solve the problem that emby player cannot directly pass audio. But there is a new problem. When playing any video, the video title displayed by zidoo player is displayed as: STREAM.
I tested jellyfin and the video title is displayed correctly.

4 hours ago, 275106590 said:

最近发现emby可以在设置中设置使用外部播放器,然后选择zidoo播放器。这样使用zidoo的播放器观看视频就可以解决emby播放器无法直接传音频的问题了。但有一个新问题。播放任意视频时,zidoo播放器显示的视频标题显示为:STREAM。
我测试了jellyfin,视频标题显示正确。

log.txt

OK let's go back to the internal player, not external. Maybe we can figure out why there's no passthrough. Can you please sideload this build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

Try to play something with passthrough and then obtain an android app log by following these instructions:

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

好吧,让我们回到内部玩家,而不是外部玩家。也许我们可以弄清楚为什么没有直通。您可以旁加载此构建吗:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

尝试使用直通方式播放某些内容,然后按照以下说明获取 Android 应用程序日志

谢谢。

When I use the apk you provided, what is displayed on the playback page is: the audio passes directly, but my Yamaha audio amplifier still displays PCM. When I call the external player in the software settings, my Yamaha audio amplifier will immediately display Dolby Atmos or DTS:X

I deleted the previous emby server log before playing, but when I finished playing, the server did not generate any logs

d8931171-5383-4492-8430-03c4cb5ac606.log ecf4e3bb-9b45-4e90-affe-0f3496d8c556.log

8 hours ago, Luke said:

OK please try this build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

And then provide a new app log. Thanks !

Because of audio problems, I switched from zidoo z9s to the latest Z9XPRO. After installing the emby tv version, DTS and Dolby options appeared in the settings and were turned on. When I tried to play DTS videos, some of them were obviously playable, but DTS:X seemed to Not yet, Dolby Atmos can’t be played

Then I tried the apk you provided but still no solution,I tried calling an external player again and it still worked perfectly, but the title problem still exists. However, my server was updated to 4.8. The title of all videos is: original. In the previous server 4.7, all video titles were: stream

Another problem is that when I play the xxx.strm format, I see from my Synology NAS that the network is downloading and uploading all the time, but when I try to use jellyfin, it directly passes it to the player for playback. The NAS network will not work. I don’t know. Do you know if you can understand my translation? Please forgive me. My English is really poor

https://www.aliyundrive.com/s/HMCUmbt8yUr This video is the state when I call the zidoo player

Please give priority to solving strm format streaming and title issues.

140e3e22-b416-4d35-bcfe-27dbc4679457.log ba1c221a-778b-455c-b866-de94925b78cb.log