Cannot connect to Emby Server

MausMedia

MausMedia

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the fix to my first issue. I can now watch the content on my Mac and Emby loads fine on my local host in the web browser on my mac.

BUT... I can’t for the life of me now connect to my Samsung TV (or any other device) ! That was working before but not now…

I have put in my LAN access IP and port but it simply doesn’t want to connect…Remote WAN access also doesn't work.

i have checked that the Emby server is running and appears to be as it’s in my activity monitor. I can load up local host fine on my mac. But it doesn’t work on my mobile phone or TV that are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. 

Any ideas?

MausMedia

Hi Luke,

I've been through the steps and I can't seem to connect to the LAN IP address on any device. Neither my phone nor TV.

I get "Connection Failure". " we're unable to connect to the selected server right now".

MausMedia

Ok so now I can see my server on my Samsung TV but when I click on it, I get an error message. (I connected via username and password). 

IMG_5331.jpeg

IMG_5330.jpeg

2 hours ago, MausMedia said:

Hi Luke,

I've been through the steps and I can't seem to connect to the LAN IP address on any device. Neither my phone nor TV.

I get "Connection Failure". " we're unable to connect to the selected server right now".

OK, the most likely reason is a firewall or security software on the server machine that is preventing the connection. Can you look into that?

MausMedia

Hi Luke,

I thought the same thing. I don't have any security software on my mac. I do have the in built firewall enabled but I have added the Emby server to my safe list and clicked "allow all connections". 

Maybe my local port isn't open?

10 hours ago, MausMedia said:

Hi Luke,

I thought the same thing. I don't have any security software on my mac. I do have the in built firewall enabled but I have added the Emby server to my safe list and clicked "allow all connections". 

Maybe my local port isn't open?

Are you running a VPN?

MausMedia
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you running a VPN?

Nope. I had LuLu activity monitor activated which I thought might be interfering with it but I disabled it and it's still not working. 

I'm completely baffled. A few days ago I could connect to the server and see my library but not play videos. Now I can play videos (on my desktop) but not connect to the Samsung TV...

I want to delete everything and try again. How can I make sure ALL files have been deleted and I can do a fresh start? 

MausMedia

It semi loads on my Samsung via Remote Wan Access but the screen didn’t doesn’t load up properly.

I just don’t get it as the library loaded up perfectly before.

image.jpg

MausMedia

Hi Luke,

Yes, it now loads up about 50% of the time via remote WAN access. The rest of the time I get a connection error. I have to be patient as it is very, very slow but then the videos etc do load. I think the best way forward would be to load it via local LAN connection as this would be faster. Do you think I need to open a port for that? Any way to check if port 8096 is open for my LAN access?

Failing that, i could stick to the WAN access I guess. The Samsung TV is a few years old now so might load faster using a Fire or Roku stick?? 

MausMedia

I bought a Roku, installed Emby and connected to the local host first time!

Must have been my old Samsung Tv causing the problems. 

All good now!!

• Thanks 1