Emby crashing and not playing videos

MausMedia
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MausMedia

Hi guys,

Very much hope you can help me with this issue. I've been a lifelong Emby fan and purchased the premier account a few years back. I've successfully managed to get it running on all my old computers (PC and MAC) but this time something doesn't work.

M2 pro, Sonoma OSX, library on external hard drive (also tested it with a folder on my desktop but same result). Using Version 4.7.14.0

I have the server set up on http://localhost:8096/ 

Been through the wizard. My Samsung TV upstairs can find the server and library but also crashes when it tries to play anything.

When I start the Emby server it loads the page successfully (even though it takes a while) and I can see the library is populated and pointing towards the external hard drive where I store my videos. However, when I click on any of the videos, I get the message: 

"No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the video formats since I've got over 400 videos in there, of all sorts of different file types and codecs. None of them work.

I'm guessing Emby has a problem accessing the files - maybe a permission issue? 

I have attached the log. Let me know if there is any other info you need. Thank you!

embyserver log.txt

Edited by MausMedia
Added Emby version

MausMedia

I believe it was mounted automatically after it had finished downloading. Is there a specific way of installing I should try? I can do a fresh install if you think it would help.

• Solution
1 hour ago, MausMedia said:

I believe it was mounted automatically after it had finished downloading. Is there a specific way of installing I should try? I can do a fresh install if you think it would help.

Can you please try following the directions on our website exactly?

https://emby.media/mac-server.html

It's the only supported method to both install and launch the server. Thanks.

MausMedia

That did the trick, thank you! This time I dragged the application to the applications folder. Everything works now. Cheers

• Thanks 1

MausMedia

Hi Luke,

I may have been too hasty in my reply. I can now watch the content on my Mac and Emby loads fine on my local host in the web browser.

But I can’t for the life of me now connect to my Samsung TV! That was working before…

I have put in my LAN access IP and PORT but it doesn’t want to connect…

i have changed at the Emby server is running as it’s in my activity monitor. I can load up local host fine on my mac. But it doesn’t work on my mobile phone or TV that are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. 

Edited by MausMedia
  • Thanks 1