Can't connect Locally, new install Win 10

Marzen
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

New to Emby, first time user, long time Plex user.

* PC server install v4.7.14.0 went ok, I have an Emby acct and I can start Emby server and play media locally on my server PC with a browser.

* Installed player app on a smart tv and a different PC, neither device can connect to the server.

So far:  bind the server ip address (local host does have a fixed ip address).  Walk thru the help guide from Emby for connections.  Open incoming TCP port 8096 and 80.  Disabled Windows firewall fro Private Networks. 

Player App: Select Server: my server is shown by name here but if I click on it nothing happens.  Add Server: If I input my server address manually as 192.168.1.10 (and port 8096 was already input) it searches for few seconds and then times out.  Sign in with Emby Connect:  I enter the given pin on a PC's webpage, I get the wait prompt on the tv app - it spins for a few seconds and times out.

Not sure where to go from here.

Edited by Marzen

Hello Marzen,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
pwhodges

Is the network interface on the Emby machine set to "Public"?  It needs to be "Private".

Paul

thanks Paul, the network interface was set to Public.  Not sure why it was set that way, possibly a change made by my vpn.  Maybe add this to the Connection Troubleshooter?

• Thanks 1