This subform should not exist

blgentry

blgentry

I spent a little bit of time to share my excitement about how great Emby is with the forum.  I thought some people might enjoy reading it.  Maybe newer users would see it and find out about features they didn't know about.  I hoped the developers would read it and be happy that their work was being appreciated and praised.

Then my post was summarily moved here to the "non-emby general discussion".  My post about Emby was moved to the non-emby subforum.  Think about that.  This type of sub forum is usually for discussions about completely unrelated things:  Sports, the weather, cars, etc.  Anything not related to the main topic.

But my post is about the main topic.  It's about the product.  The only thing it is not is a technical support request.  So why has it been put into a forum that everyone expects will not be about the product?  A forum that presumably no one reads.  Why would you do this?

If this forum is actually about Emby topics, but not about tech support then it should be renamed and put near the top.  If this forum is intended for truly off topic posts, then my post should not be here.  Putting my post here just makes no sense, unless my praise of the product has irritated someone and it's being hidden for a reason.  Otherwise, please consider this a request to make the sub forums make more logical sense. 

Thanks,
Brian.

• Agree 2

darkassassin07

I have to agree here. I noticed that thread shift to the non-emby sub and was kinda surprised. It's very much about emby itself.

Particularly given it was a 'love letter to emby', seems... Disrespectful?

Edited by darkassassin07

Gilgamesh_48

There are mods and users here that can get very "anal" very easily. Because of that sometimes you have to take what happens and just roll with it.

Emby is the best company I have ever had dealings with but their "best" comes a sometimes quite heavy handed action. If something you don't like is done to you or a post of yours you can complain or even take the totally inappropriate action of PMing a mod. 
I know of that which I speak as I have had a couple of run-ins with mods and, so far, I'm batting .500

I do not recommend taking any action but throwing a tantrum does nobody any good at all.

Spaceboy

look at the other topics in the section - they are entirely consistent with the topic the OP posted on.

honestly, i think the OP overestimated the importance of their post and was hoping for more interaction than it would have got wherever it was posted...

blgentry

The tone of my initial post here is probably impolite.  If I've offended anyone, I apologize.

I stand by my assertion that that title of this subforum does not seem to reflect the content.  It's also buried at the bottom under dozens of others, which makes it a lot less accessible that it should be, if in fact it is still about Emby topics, but not about tech support.  Anyone who's spent time in other forums will generally expect that the "off topic forum" is about entirely different topics than the main forums.   This one does not seem to match that expectation.

...and yes, I was hoping for a bit more interaction about my post praising Emby.  I am very enthusiastic and excited about the Emby server and client.  That's why I'm in these forums:  Hoping to learn more and have interaction with others that feel similarly.

Thanks for reading,

Brian.

FrostByte

I've always viewed the other sections to be used for "general user help and bug reports."  This section was for non-emby and general discussion.  Missing the "and" in the description.  At the end of the day though all is good.

And look, you've gotten 4  5 replies already ;) 

Hi.  It is true that your topic doesn't "fit" in any of our current sections exactly but we try to keep all non-support and non-Emby topics out of the support areas just so it is easier for us to manage.

A couple of thoughts for you:

1) We really appreciate your topic :) 

2) Even though it isn't "Non-Emby" I think this is the better section for it and that it actually will get more of the proper eyes on it here.  If it were in the General Windows section, it would quickly end up on page 2 (or 200) and not be seen by someone just perusing discussions.  Here, it will remain on the first page for quite a long time.  I, for one, like that.

Good day,

First thanks for your kinds words about Emby on the other thread.

This forum section is Emby related indeed, but not Emby servers/clients support forums.

Here you will find all sort of threads, that seeking help, how to do thing or simply to confirm things about media as well thought/share knowledge.

If you look to the pinned threads here, it all about Emby, also if you have a time to kill someday, please read some of posts at the thread "interduce yourself..." many posts about members express their feeling about Emby software and the top Emby Dev's (Luke & Ebr) replies to them, so we always looking to this forum section.

My best