Issues with certain subtitle formats

luanuchoa

MrAdrian
16 hours ago, Luke said:

The short version is, the Samsung video player doesn't support the styles with embedded subrip.

I also tested Plex and i don't have this problem with embedded subtitle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ilarramendi
On 12/10/2023 at 00:33, Luke said:

The short version is, the Samsung video player doesn't support the styles with embedded subrip.

@LukeThis is not happening in plex so I belive ists not a problem related to subtitle support. This is something that started happening in a recent update (like a month ago), I'm trying to play media that I already watched with subtitles (ASS) on Tizen, and now the subtitles are not working. Any idea why this can be? SUBRIP and SRT work fine without any transcoding, but ASS is not loading. I can also see the subtitles on other platforms (android, emby theater, web), if you want I can provide a media sample, but I think this is happening with all ASS subtitles

5 hours ago, Ilarramendi said:

I'm trying to play media that I already watched with subtitles (ASS) on Tizen, and now the subtitles are not working.

ASS subtitles have been fixed and will be in the next release.

Ilarramendi
8 hours ago, SamES said:

ASS subtitles have been fixed and will be in the next release.

Sorry I forgot to follow up on this, I updated emby via USB and all subtitle types are working as expected + I see some small ui changes that look really nice, good job guys!

• Thanks 2

wolfram84

Tkyvm for adding positioning in the latest build for Samsung...awesome feature.

Just wondering, does positioning tags works? I recently noticed that all my SRT subtitles with positioning are not showing as they should and instead I keep seeing {/an8} displayed which is supposed to be a marker.. 

Issue is pretty much the same as here, but already solved;

Edited by wolfram84

On 10/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, wolfram84 said:

Tkyvm for adding positioning in the latest build for Samsung...awesome feature.

Just wondering, does positioning tags works? I recently noticed that all my SRT subtitles with positioning are not showing as they should and instead I keep seeing {/an8} displayed which is supposed to be a marker.. 

Issue is pretty much the same as here, but already solved;

Hi, do you see the same an8 tags in the emby web app on the server machine?

wolfram84

On 10/27/2023 at 12:56 AM, Luke said:

Hi, do you see the same an8 tags in the emby web app on the server machine?

Nope, on the web app the subtitle won't show it but it won't move it to the top too.. but interestingly it's clean from the an8 tag...

OK we use ffmpeg to convert srt to vtt on the fly. I think during this process the srt styles either get mangled or lost.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Jahglory

Same problem with internal French ASS  subtitles on Samsung OLED55S95B with emby app from store 1.6.4. I've been using USB installation forever, no problem.  And since 1 month I switched to the version from the Samsung store which is finally available in France after years of waiting, and the available version does not work with ASS subtitles. If that's not bad luck... Any idea when the French store app will be updated ? 

Edited by Jahglory

6 hours ago, Jahglory said:

Same problem with internal French ASS  subtitles on Samsung OLED55S95B with emby app from store 1.6.4. I've been using USB installation forever, no problem.  And since 1 month I switched to the version from the Samsung store which is finally available in France after years of waiting, and the available version does not work with ASS subtitles. If that's not bad luck... Any idea when the French store app will be updated ? 

What problem are you having? There will be another store update soon, so if it's working with the USB release then it will be fixed in that next store update

Jahglory
On 12/2/2023 at 5:18 AM, SamES said:

What problem are you having? There will be another store update soon, so if it's working with the USB release then it will be fixed in that next store update

Internal ASS subtitles not working on samsung emby 1.6.4. Yes I've read that it is fixed in the updated version, so i'm waiting for the store update.

I'm a little lazy to go back to the USB installation ^^

Thank you for the awesome work.

On 12/3/2023 at 8:26 AM, MediaEmby1968 said:

Has probado con poner los subtitulos ASS como externos.. Yo los uso externos y no tengo problema.

Por el momento, cuando eso no funciona, uso Emby en mi navegador de Internet, funciona muy bien de esta manera. Esperando a que se actualice la aplicación Samsung.

Edited by Jahglory
Missing part