MovieDB fetching Canadian title

Gecko
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I recently refreshed the metadata of my animation movies and noticed that all titles are now Canadian's despite begin set to 'French' only and not 'French (Canada)'.

Is it possible to correct that ?

An example below :

image.thumb.png.f10c29f85130051c2d304584f7bea401.png

image.thumb.png.ae9cf1e1d451947c42648a38fd010f00.png

What's strange is that the Canadian title is not even set on TMDB. So I don't know from where the title is coming from. Logs attached after a full refresh of this media.

Thanks,

Gecko

embyserver.txt

GrimReaper
45 minutes ago, Gecko said:

What's strange is that the Canadian title is not even set on TMDB. So I don't know from where the title is coming from.

There are both fr-CA and fr-FR translations on TMDB, so it is likely coming from TMDB. 

Screenshot_20230925_121822_Opera.jpg

There are no provider queries in your log for A Bug's Life, can you re-Identify it and post log afterwards? 

Edited by GrimReaper

40 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

There are both fr-CA and fr-FR translations on TMDB, so it is likely coming from TMDB. 

Screenshot_20230925_121822_Opera.jpg

There are no provider queries in your log for A Bug's Life, can you re-Identify it and post log afterwards? 

I was looking into the alternative titles, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I restarted emby and reidentified the media in the attached logs.

Thanks

Gecko

embyserver-2.txt

GrimReaper

Your query has been made correctly:

2023-09-25 12:01:42.516 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=x_secret2_x&query=a bug's life&language=fr-FR&year=1998

Although TMDB returns proper title in fr-FR for same:

{"page":1,"results":[{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":"/hwwFyowfcbLRVmRBOkvnABBNIOs.jpg","genre_ids":[12,16,35,10751],"id":9487,"original_language":"en","original_title":"A Bug's Life","overview":"Le maladroit Tilt a détruit la récolte de la saison de sa fourmilière. Pareille bévue n'est pas faite pour plaire au cruel Le Borgne, venu racketter les fourmis avec sa bande de sauterelles. Contraint de s'en retourner bredouille, l'affreux insecte promet de revenir à l'automne collecter le double de sa ration habituelle. Pour se faire pardonner, Tilt propose de partir à la recherche de mercenaires pour lutter contre l'envahisseur…","popularity":59.159,"poster_path":"/rhHNJQJzR05ZHnWQljtkDbg4SVg.jpg","release_date":"1998-11-25","title":"1001 Pattes","video":false,"vote_average":6.97,"vote_count":8534}],"total_pages":1,"total_results":1}

In your log fr-CA title is retained:

2023-09-25 12:01:46.275 Info App: Setting provider id's to item 1645017-Une vie de bestiole: {"Tmdb":"9487"}

@Luke

• Thanks 1