DLNA Won't Work on Synology via Docker or Natively

mattl1979

OK, since you're on android, can you by any chance find another android dlna app that can't see Emby Server? This will give me something 1:1 that I can test and compare with.

For example, what about vlc on android?

mattl1979

Installed VLC Media Player on my Android device, per your suggestion. Emby does appear in the list of clients (both as a DLNA server and SMB source). Not sure why none of the other DLNA clients in my network aren't seeing it though. I'm also broadcasting a Plex Media Server (exact same library) in my network as a side-by-side test. Plex does show up on every client I throw at it.

• 1 month later...
mattl1979

Yes sir. The problem still persists per the last communication. Windows and Roku Media Player will not see Emby's DLNA server. VLC Media Player and BubbleUPNP do see it. All clients, including Windows and Roku, see my Plex Media Server, Subsonic, Synology's Audio Station, and Jellyfin.

Edited by mattl1979

mattl1979

Not sure what to tell you. Literally Emby is the ONLY DLNA server in my network not seen by all clients. Every single other DLNA server I've thrown on my network works as expected, including Jellyfin which is as close to Emby as you can get.

No idea what the issue is.

Right I believe you, I'm just not sure what the issue is yet.