How to add a m3u via url?

taker1988
Go to solution Solved by taker1988,

taker1988

Hi,

I want to use IPTV on Emby. If I go to the Settings/LiveTV settings, I clicked m3u Tuner, added the URL, set max connections to 2 and added it. No Channels could be found.

If I open the URL in VLC, it just works fine. If I put the URL in my Chrome, it downloads the m3u, so why is it not working with Emby? What am I doing wrong?

URL looks like this: http://iptv.abcdefg.tv:99999/get.php?username=abcdefgh&password=abcdefg&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

//edit: running emby-server-synology72_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spk on my syno ds720+ with dsm7.2-64570

//edit2: If I download the m3u file, copy it to my NAS and put the m3u file directly in the box instead of the URL, than Emby says, I need to check, if the provider is reachable. I checked it, it is reachable and working.

Best regards

Screenshot 2023-09-17 204255.jpg

Edited by taker1988

taker1988

Hey,

here is my serverlog. I also tried to post the URL on EPG.Best and used than the URL, that I get from EPG.Best. This m3u/the URL is working also on VLC, Kodi etc., but not on Emby :(

Regardsembyserver.txt

The url is coming up 404 not found. Can you check it and make sure it's valid? Try putting the same url into the browser address bar. What do you get from that?

taker1988

Good morning,

If i do that, than it downloads the *.m3u file and I can use it with no problems using the VLC player or other programs. It is not working with Emby.

If i use the EPG.Best-Url (like https://epg.best/aaaaa-123456.m3u) the same is happening. It downloads the *.m3u and i can use it with VLC, but not with Emby.

Edited by taker1988

Sorry I got confused between tuner and guide data. It's your xml guide data coming up 404 not found, not your m3u source. I don't see any errors here related to the tuner.

Try removing the bad guide data source that you added and see if that helps.

• Solution
taker1988

Hey, no problem Luke.

Crazy thing...i didn´t do anything. Today I wanted to give it a new try. I checked Emby again and now the channels were here. It is working now.

I don´t know why, cause I didn´t do anything..., strange, but ok. :)

Thanks for help!

• Thanks 1