Help with emby for Samsung tv

yardieboy58@icloud.com

yardieboy58@icloud.com

I have been using emby for over 5 years I’ve got a new Samsung tv emby is not available I installed emby off the usb stick and it expired I am trying to reinstall but it’s not doing anything when I plug the usb in the tv it’s bringing up the folder 

FrostByte

Tizen doesn't allow more than one test app to be installed at a time.  So, you will need to delete the old Emby app before plugging in the usb (don't just delete the shortcut on the home as this doesn't delete the app itself).  

• On the Tizen home screen menu click Apps and then scroll up and click the cog wheel in the top right. 
  • Delete the old version of Emby.  
  • Download the new version of Samsung app (you can't reuse the old one as it's expired)
  • Copy new version to usb
  • Plug usb into TV

As long as you're using the test version you will need to repeat these steps every 30 days.

Edited by FrostByte

yardieboy58@icloud.com

I already deleted the app  when I do it again nothing happens it just open the usb showing the folder the files are in 

FrostByte
51 minutes ago, yardieboy58@icloud.com said:

I already deleted the app  when I do it again nothing happens it just open the usb showing the folder the files are in 

You deleted it from the Home, or you deleted it from the installed apps?  Removing from Home isn't the same.  It usually does what you're describing when the app is still installed.

Also, does your usb have the new version unzipped in the root?

Edited by FrostByte

yardieboy58@icloud.com

As stated I’ve already deleted the app removing an app from home is not deleting the app 

yes the new version is unzipped in the usb root

yardieboy58@icloud.com

I’m surprised emby  is  not available on the new Samsung tv  I’ll probably have to switch to plex it’s been a good 5 years with emby 

FrostByte
9 minutes ago, yardieboy58@icloud.com said:

removing an app from home is not deleting the app 

I believe I've said that couple times now and wanted to make sure you knew that as many others confuse the two, but thanks.

Have you tried power cycling the TV?  Is it the same usb you used the first time, formatted the same?  Sometimes it doesn't like certain usb drives.

For whatever reason it's acting like it either doesn't like your usb or thinks there is already another usb app installed.

5 minutes ago, yardieboy58@icloud.com said:

I’m surprised emby  is  not available on the new Samsung tv  I’ll probably have to switch to plex it’s been a good 5 years with emby 

Luke just submitted an app update to Samsung which should include 2023s.  Samsung would not accept any new versions while they worked on adding Emby to other countries which backed everything up.

• 3 weeks later...
yardieboy58@icloud.com

I’ve switched o plex now emby still is not on the new Samsung tv is Time consuming to keep using usb to install plus it’s the ok version 

17 minutes ago, yardieboy58@icloud.com said:

I’ve switched o plex now emby still is not on the new Samsung tv is Time consuming to keep using usb to install plus it’s the ok version 

Hi, wouldn't you rather have a personal media server as opposed to one that puts your information in the cloud?

yardieboy58@icloud.com

I would rather use one that works well and straight forward it’s a hassle to be deleting and reinstalling every 30days and on top of that it’s the old version so in this cause I would rather use plex until emby is on the Samsung store at least update the version that we have to put on usb. 

I will go back to emby once’s it’s been sorted out