Maisy's Issues

Maisy

I have the Emby Theater WMC UI (Beta) installed on my server machine since yesterday. It's working nicely!

I had trouble logging in via the browser app, but figured it out eventually.

Today I will attempt to put the Emby Theater WMC UI (Beta) on my laptop and the Android WMC UI (Beta) on  my Samsung tablet, and my awesome Surface Duo 2. 

This brings back memories of when I loved media on my laptop (so many years ago!) Looking forward to testing!

=================

Things that aren't great so far...

=================

1. Now Playing, on the home screen, doesn't always update the song title when playing an album.
  2. When viewing list of songs playing, clicking with mouse can't exit that area, have to use ESC button on keyboard.

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, Maisy said:

on  my Samsung tablet

Not sure what kind of experience you'll get as touch-devices and small-screens are not fully supported (though I did run it on my Android phone to test, it runs and can connect but UI is somewhat garbled).

https://github.com/EmbySupport/Emby.WMC.UI/releases#:~:text=Device Support

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

I was 

59 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Not sure what kind of experience you'll get as touch-devices and small-screens are not fully supported (though I did run it on my Android phone to test, it runs and can connect but UI is somewhat garbled).

I was wondering about that sort of thing but I'm game to try it. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maisy said:
  • Now Playing, on the home screen, doesn't always update the song title when playing an album.
  • When viewing list of songs playing, clicking with mouse can't exit that area, have to use ESC button on keyboard.

Thanks, I've created two bug-entries here:

You can follow them there to see once it's resolved

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maisy said:
7 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I was wondering about that sort of thing but I'm game to try it. Thanks for the heads up!

The reason why it's not totally disabled for phones and tablets is that in both cases, there are still cases where it can work well.

For example, when I connect my Samsung phone to a TV via HDMI and I connect a USB or Bluetooth keyboard, then it works fine. Similar for tablets: with a keyboard connected it works well - just not with touch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 12:30 PM, Maisy said:
  • Now Playing, on the home screen, doesn't always update the song title when playing an album.
  • When viewing list of songs playing, clicking with mouse can't exit that area, have to use ESC button on keyboard.

Both issues should be fixed in the latest version: https://github.com/EmbySupport/Emby.WMC.UI/releases/tag/0.101.0

• Like 1

On my Surface Duo 2 (2 folding screens, running Emby WMC on one screen landscape, 4:3 aspect ratio) Android 12; Everything is good except for Two main issues:

1. Content with black bars when playing my TV library or Movies, widescreen plays with no black bars (I can see the homescreen) all my files do this.

image.thumb.png.4b8341b4685409ca1be0df20c9390fff.png

image.thumb.png.d12da0b7e7536d47746da66aa535336b.png

2a. When I turn the orientation of this phone to Portrait, the playing shows like on landscape in the middle of the screen (content and borders of my background) with black above and below FWIW pretty awful. (no photo)

2b. WMC android is more usable now that the previous issues have been solved, the buttons and some pages are oddly displayed, things go off the screen, works to play music well enough, and watching something here and there, but overall that homescreen showing is very off putting.

The buttons are so tiny, if this can't be fixed on Android, I sure hope this project will get into the regular apps as a theme and have those nice usable buttons

4 hours ago, Maisy said:

1. Content with black bars when playing my TV library or Movies, widescreen plays with no black bars (I can see the homescreen) all my files do this.

This is normal and no different to any other Emby app.

But you can change this by switching the Aspect Ratio setting:

image.png.ef534437188ab1af9ee1df39edcd99f5.png

4 hours ago, Maisy said:

2a. When I turn the orientation of this phone to Portrait, the playing shows like on landscape in the middle of the screen (content and borders of my background) with black above and below FWIW pretty awful. (no photo)

2b. WMC android is more usable now that the previous issues have been solved, the buttons and some pages are oddly displayed, things go off the screen, works to play music well enough, and watching something here and there, but overall that homescreen showing is very off putting.

The buttons are so tiny, if this can't be fixed on Android, I sure hope this project will get into the regular apps as a theme and have those nice usable buttons

Please see the FAQ, "Does it run on phones and tablets?": 

I have also created a new issue for showing interactive warnings in the app for those cases: https://github.com/EmbySupport/Emby.WMC.UI/issues/15

Thanks

17 hours ago, softworkz said:

This is normal and no different to any other Emby app.

But you can change this by switching the Aspect Ratio setting:

image.png.ef534437188ab1af9ee1df39edcd99f5.png

Regular Android Emby plays this 1080p content with black bars. Only WMC version plays it without black bars. My screen isn't widescreen so widescreen content needs black bars. Cover just puts the picture to all edges, 4:3 aspect ratio in my case. 

I presented it as an issue because image.thumb.png.4b8341b4685409ca1be0df20c9390fff.pngit is an issue.

Every movie and tv show that plays just fine without having to navigate to aspect ratio is everything I have except for my Bluray sets of old shows, and some dvd content...which aspect ratio is a great help with. Not for my current biggest issue, Cover option, on the example show I posted would basically crop everything on both sides with the remaining picture much larger, pan and scan like.