LOCAL IP Server Access is Fixed!

softworkz

LOCAL IP Server Access is Fixed!

If you previously had trouble logging in to your server, then this is for you.

Please retry now:

If it doesn't work, make sure to clear or disable cache and refresh again.

• Thanks 1

Peter Nent

Dear Softworkz, new to this revival of the WMC and loving it: I'm using WMC (MCE) already since Windows XP, etc. incl. the Emby add-on and it still is the BEST UI there is, so the combination of the MCE/WMC GUI with Emby should work GREAT !

I'm facing one tricky situation: as I was forced to NOT upgrade my Emby server in order to stay compatible with the good old MCE/WMC-add-on to v4.6.7.0, noow starting http://wmc.emby.media/app/ and loging in, noow immediately ends with (it's Dutch language)....image.thumb.png.116dddf2e8a78be4aa9d616a4609989a.png

BUT as this is 'just' a beta, I don't like to upgrade jet, until it is a final version....Please tell me how to proceed !

Grtz, Peter

@Peter Nent- I'm afraid, but there's no good solution I can think of.

The WMC UI is using the latest Emby client code as the basis and when this has made a cut-off regarding the server version, then there's nothing we can do.

Maybe @Lukecan confirm whether that's true..

@Peter Nent- If you have sufficient disk space and you're on Windows, you could perhaps try this:

• create a complete copy of your Emby app/data folders
  • stop your Emby server
  • Download a portable install of Emby Server 4.7... or 4.8... beta and copy the application files into the copy you have created
  • Start Emby Server from the copied folder

This is not a durable solution of course, but this way, you can give it a try without getting into a situation where you cannot return to 4.6... anymore.

Peter Nent

Seems to be a chicken-and-egg situation....which one was first....but your (@Softworkz) seems to be a workable solution, which I'm going to try: I'll keep you informed !

Thnx for your great idea(s) ! Grtz. Peter

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

Seems to be a chicken-and-egg situation....which one was first....but your (@Softworkz) seems to be a workable solution, which I'm going to try: I'll keep you informed !

Thnx for your great idea(s) ! Grtz. Peter

Wait a second: You need to be super-careful due to paths. It could be that there are hardcoded (EDIT: I mean non-relative) paths which might cause the server installation on the copied tree to access files at the original location.

So - better:

• make a copy
  • but run the portable server inside the original tree
  • and later: replace the original tree with the copy  you made to restore the previous state
Edited by softworkz
  • Thanks 1

Peter Nent

Thanks for avoiding issues afterwards, as I have a fairly big library of video+audio+photos....thus I'll take no unnecessary risks.

Thnx for your good quality of support ! Grtz. Peter

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

Thanks for avoiding issues afterwards, as I have a fairly big library of video+audio+photos....thus I'll take no unnecessary risks.

The one serious showstopper for downgrading after running a newer version of Emby Server are the databases. So, backing up the *.db files in the ./data folder is the minimum for being able to downgrade (or a good extra-measure to be on the safe side).