Seperate TV series by resolution

arrbee99

arrbee99

In connection with this

thought I'd make a feature request.

So, please allow TV series to be displayed separately if you have, say both 1080 and 4K versions, similar to Movies.

More difficult than for Movies I guess, but if you don't ask...

GrimReaper

You can't separate TV shows by resolution as they're not items that can have any resolution: they're collection of items (episodes) that can be of various resolutions, even within same season, let alone across multiple ones; the only way to achieve your desired results would be to have them in separate folders and disable library option to Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders.

Edited by GrimReaper

arrbee99

I presume I could simply have two folders - Chernobyl and Chernobyl (4K) and a switch in Emby to ignore or not ignore the presence of 4K in the title.

- or something like that.

16 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

I presume I could simply have two folders - Chernobyl and Chernobyl (4K) and a switch in Emby to ignore or not ignore the presence of 4K in the title.

- or something like that.

You can already do this I believe.  Just put them in separate folders (or even libraries) and tell Emby not to merge series across folders.  Then just edit the name in the metadata.

arrbee99
5 hours ago, ebr said:

You can already do this I believe.  Just put them in separate folders (or even libraries) and tell Emby not to merge series across folders.  Then just edit the name in the metadata.

Think I tried that already using the option in TV library but it didn't do anything. Maybe I'll try again.

I though I'd try Split Versions Apart which works but only for individual episodes, so one at a time.

Do you know if there's an option somewhere to join them up again anywhere, can't spot one at the moment...

arrbee99
2 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Do you know if there's an option somewhere to join them up again anywhere, can't spot one at the moment...

...found it.

arrbee99
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What was it?

I separated two versions of an episode and to join them back I was just looking directly at the two episodes and clicking on them looking for some kind of rejoin option in a drop down list, or clicking on both and clicking looking for rejoin options -

EmbyChernobylrejoin.jpg.82d9b8f4a1b4308c6da434788b61c833.jpg

and not even noticing at the top (cause I'm blind apparently)  the x2 / multi-select bar when it does have rejoin (or 'Group Versions') option

• Thanks 1