Live TV Not working

keith2045
Go to solution Solved by keith2045,

keith2045

I moved my emby server to another server this past weekend and since then I've not been able to watch live TV. I'm using an HD HomeRun tuner on the network.

I've removed the tuner from emby and re-added it but that didnt seem to work. The only thing in the log that stands out to me is

Error SharedHttpPipelineSource: Give up retries copying live stream http://192.168.1.14:5004/auto/v2.1

What else should i look for in the logs (attached)?

*Edit* Forgot to mention that this server is in a container, and from inside the container i can access that file above

Also i see this on the tuner side

20230831-11:40:31 Tuner: tuner0 tuning 2.1 KTVI-DT (8vsb:587MHz-3)
20230831-11:40:31 Tuner: tuner0 streaming http to 192.168.1.152:34036
20230831-11:40:34 Tuner: tuner0 http stream ended (remote closed)

embyserver.txt

Edited by keith2045

keith2045

Thanks Luke. Fixed the DB issues, i dont see the issues from earlier (i see other ones but not sure it is related).

Anyway, still have the issue with live TV. Attached are updated logs.

Keith

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...
keith2045

Yes i am.

I'm using the docker image and I'm also playing around with jellyfin. Both are running on the same underlying host (different containers) and Jellyfin is able to get live TV.

Every so often with Emby if I try to view something it will work for a few seconds then drop (image is froze on the screen).

I'm able to curl the stream on the host, and from the container. So not really sure what else to try to be honest.

Keith

• 2 months later...
  • Solution
keith2045

Well, it didnt initially work, so i reviewed the logs and found this error.

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.61
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.0-25-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.AggregateException: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Access to the path '/mnt/NFS/Movies/transcode/transcoding-temp/cba6e921cc7f4ed0b132a38c82cb5bf4.ts' is denied.)
	 ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/NFS/Movies/transcode/transcoding-temp/cba6e921cc7f4ed0b132a38c82cb5bf4.ts' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset(SafeFileHandle handle, ReadOnlySpan`1 buffer, Int64 fileOffset)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.ExecuteInternal()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.ThreadPoolValueTaskSource.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at System.IO.Strategies.BufferedFileStreamStrategy.WriteAsyncSlowPath(Task semaphoreLockTask, ReadOnlyMemory`1 source, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.PoolingAsyncValueTaskMethodBuilder`1.StateMachineBox`1.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask.ValueTaskSourceAsTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__4_0(Object state)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
	   at Emby.TV.TsProcessor.DataFlow.Output.FileStreamWriter.ProcessPackets(TsPacketGroup tsPackets)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I fixed this issue and live tv now works. I dont know if i just missed this in the logs for 4.7, possibly. Or maybe 4.8 beta  add/fixed something? Not sure but it is working now. Thanks!

• Thanks 1