Problems downloading content

WeWillSee

WeWillSee

Any solution to this when downloading content it goes really slow. Usually after 24h of downloading i get about 1/4 of the way. This while it is allowed to download with wifi and mobile internet.

2nd problem is if i go out of this window where you can see the progress of the download

IMG_9420.jpeg.b22f4f971c1a18ebc7535ad855c27287.jpeg

then the download usually stops as in this case where i was downloading and the progress bar in the previous window is gone 

IMG_9421.jpeg.9ff6bfa12ed2777108b72ec277708497.jpeg

When this happens or when the phone sometimes loses connection with internet the download always has to fully restart. 

it makes it almost impossible to download. Before you could also choose the mbps when downloading to reduce quality. This also isn’t possible anymore?

was in this screen

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.4cb2eb514a0af83bd4214f2fdd01406e.jpeg

HI, that's really odd. Are you still seeing that for download options with Emby for iOS 2.2.12?

3 minutes ago, WeWillSee said:

Im now on 2.2.11 as far as i can see you think it would go better with the 12? I will upgrade now 

Yes I would suggest that. Please let us know if it helps. Thanks.

WeWillSee

Now on 12 for as far as the options and screens go nothing changed 🙈 what should have been different? I also saw that the movie i had downloaded is gone in the download menu yet it is still in the manage download screen. (  name is justice league) 

IMG_9428.thumb.png.cebc286b95c850b776779c5268f543ea.png

IMG_9427.thumb.png.fae79761af164ff448e5637d52ce9e82.png

IMG_9427.png

Edited by WeWillSee

WeWillSee
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

When you got that blank download options screen, what were you clicking download on?

What do you mean? 
i click on the symbol download 

IMG_9430.jpeg.fcc4b2af15c6b3fa6ba02962a0abd0b4.jpeg

then i get the blank page and i click download in the bottom. I used to be able to convert here to other mbps which helped downloading speed but not anymore (was few months ago) 

IMG_9431.thumb.png.f88e1759f9368d0cf0868599e52c4b1d.png

WeWillSee

Fyi for downloading speed their is no differen was downloading since end of our conversation toll bow and got this far

IMG_9432.thumb.png.6550563a6d12baea0092d707e2a67c5c.png

WeWillSee

No i an not an admin just a user?

it is not the internet connection today i was trying on wifi and on netflix i was able to download 3 movies in about 5 minutes.

On emby intried to downlod a episode of 20min it took almost 2 hours for the progress bar to reach the end and each time it was at the end the download did not succeed and just stopped and i had to restart the download 😥

after three times this behaviour it still didnt download.  Fyi it is still not clear which options i should see on the download screen 🤨

WeWillSee

For your information with my wife on adroid it goes slow but at least with here the download works when she gets to the end of the progress bar. 

23 minutes ago, WeWillSee said:

No i an not an admin just a user?

it is not the internet connection today i was trying on wifi and on netflix i was able to download 3 movies in about 5 minutes.

On emby intried to downlod a episode of 20min it took almost 2 hours for the progress bar to reach the end and each time it was at the end the download did not succeed and just stopped and i had to restart the download 😥

after three times this behaviour it still didnt download.  Fyi it is still not clear which options i should see on the download screen 🤨

You shouldn't be seeing a blank dialog without options so that's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

WeWillSee

Ok because my wife also sees this on here android :-s when i go to the manage download and their go to edit download then i do see also the mention of download to iphone but thats it. 
my biggest problem is the downloads failing at the end. And losing all download progress. Meaning i constantly have to restart a download. 

emby-noob

@WeWillSeehave you tried signing out of the profile on the phone app and signing back in? Not reinstalling, just picking that option after pressing the user icon in the upper right?

I'd been seeing this too for about a week with the blank Downloads screen, just didn't have time to troubleshoot, and figured I'd try that before a reinstall and anything more advanced. Turns out it worked, downloads started working again on the first try after that.

Also noting now I have 2 iPhones in the Devices section of Emby server, so maybe an update required a new session or sign in or something

Edited by emby-noob
new info

WeWillSee

I already have the app quite some time. And it that time i had to login multiple times again. Never really saw any improvement, always had the problem that downloads would begin but would always stop or restart and never make it to the end without trying multiple times. Few months ago i had the possibility to download on lower MBPS which would convert the movie or show first before downloading. Which worked a lot better. 

i’m of course willing to try it again but ia their any risk of losing the current downloads? Because when i upgraded version as mentioned above i lost all the movies i downloaded. And it took me always 3 weeks to download 3 movies with all the restarting. 😥

since i have a long plane ride in about 1,5 weeks i don’t really want to risk losing the downloads i know have after trying multiple times 🙈.

emby-noob

Ah, gotcha. I was only seeing the blank downloads screen you posted in the third screen shot, and that was new behavior as of a week or two ago. Might not be the same root cause in that case, sorry to hear.

WeWillSee
8 hours ago, emby-noob said:

Ah, gotcha. I was only seeing the blank downloads screen you posted in the third screen shot, and that was new behavior as of a week or two ago. Might not be the same root cause in that case, sorry to hear.

Fyi could you post a picture of what you see in the doenload screen. Because everyone keeps saying i should see more. But i’m curious what i should see 😂

• 2 weeks later...
WeWillSee

Yes this is still blank i also just tried to log out log in like describe by one of the other users and this didn’t change anything