The Sorting Problem in Country Selection Projects

suming
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

suming

Can you change the sorting of countries?

Sort in alphabetical order.

I have been using EMBY for several years, but I still struggle with the order of country selection.

(可以更改一下国家的排序吗?
按英文首字母正序排序。
我使用EMBY好几年了,到现在还是会被国家选择顺序所困扰。)

• Agree 1

GrimReaper

It is both obnoxious and time consuming - but the funny part is that it IS alphabetical, but by country codes. Once seen in English, it can appear messed up. Emby is the only software I know of that does it in this way, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Finding Croatia ("hr", local name "Hrvatska") between Hiri Motu and Hungarian after decades of finding it between "C" countries always takes way more time than it should have - and it accumulates. Not to speak about alphabetical list that goes: F-G-I-G-M-G-H-C-H-I in this snippet alone.

image.png.844b6bc7ac6314f2912e7a1b4b940153.png

suming
6分钟前,死神说:

这既令人讨厌又耗时 - 但有趣的是它是按字母顺序排列的,但按国家/地区代码排列。一旦用英语看到,它可能会显得一团糟。Emby 是我所知道的唯一以这种方式执行此操作的软件,但它并没有让它变得不那么烦人。在希里莫图和匈牙利之间找到克罗地亚(“hr”,当地名称“Hrvatska”)几十年后,在“C”国家之间找到克罗地亚总是花费比应有的更多的时间 - 而且它会积累。更不用说按字母顺序排列的列表:F-G-I-G-M-G-H-C-H-I。

图片.png.844B6BC7ac6314F2912E7A1B4B940153.png

中国也是如此。中国的英语是中国(C)。每次都要找很久

suming
7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

It is both obnoxious and time consuming - but the funny part is that it IS alphabetical, but by country codes. Once seen in English, it can appear messed up. Emby is the only software I know of that does it in this way, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Finding Croatia ("hr", local name "Hrvatska") between Hiri Motu and Hungarian after decades of finding it between "C" countries always takes way more time than it should have - and it accumulates. Not to speak about alphabetical list that goes: F-G-I-G-M-G-H-C-H-I in this snippet alone.

image.png.844b6bc7ac6314f2912e7a1b4b940153.png

So is China. The English for China is China (C). Every time I have to look for a long time

On 8/29/2023 at 2:21 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll look at improving this. Thanks for reporting.

Additionally, there are several countries that are not sorted correctly

QQ截图20230904211016.jpg

QQ截图20230904211049.jpg

QQ截图20230904211114.jpg

QQ截图20230904211130.jpg

• Thanks 1

@suming : Why these countries aren't in alphabetical order ? In fact, they are but they are sorted with their official English names. So that's why :

Venezuela in B -> Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
Pakistan in I -> Islamic Republic of Pakistan
China in P -> People's Republic of China
Monaco in P -> Principality of Monaco

(and maybe more, I took these exemples from your screenshots)

21 minutes ago, Facy5 said:

@suming : Why these countries aren't in alphabetical order ? In fact, they are but they are sorted with their official English names. So that's why :

I am not sure about other countries. Taking China as an example, because every time I search for China, it is very troublesome. The English word is "China" with the initial letter C. So why should he be in the middle of 'P'? Officially, he is' China ', and the official also starts with' C '

27 minutes ago, Facy5 said:

As for the full name issue you mentioned. No one calls it that. And the order should be the same as displayed, if referring to "People's Republic of China". The display on it should be 'People's Republic of China', not 'China'

4 hours ago, suming said:

As for the full name issue you mentioned. No one calls it that. And the order should be the same as displayed, if referring to "People's Republic of China". The display on it should be 'People's Republic of China', not 'China'

Hi.  We agree:

On 8/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll look at improving this. Thanks for reporting.

• Thanks 1