Can't get videos to play

tortfeaser
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

tortfeaser

embyserver.txt

I have Emby 4.7.13.0 installed in a FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p9 jail. Emby will load (in a browser on a different machine), I can add libraries, but nothing will play. Log attached. 
The interface puts up a spinning circle for half a second then reverts to the library page.
The error I get is :

2023-08-20 14:47:50.647 Error FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -filters' Error Output:
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libtasn1.so.6: Undefined symbol "strverscmp@FBSD_1.7"

Any ideas?

Сaught the same error in the logs, while on the TV screen the message "there are no suitable streams available at the moment". This error is not on all videos. very strange

3 hours ago, QwerG said:

Сaught the same error in the logs, while on the TV screen the message "there are no suitable streams available at the moment". This error is not on all videos. very strange

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

• Solution

HI, hopefully the issues should be resolved now using the following Emby Server versions:

Stable: 4.7.14+

Beta: 4.8.0.42+

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

Only the version Stable: 4.7.13+ is available in the TrueNas console now.
I'll wait for the Stable: 4.7.14 version.
After the tests, I will definitely unsubscribe.
Thanks for the answer.

16 minutes ago, QwerG said:

Only the version Stable: 4.7.13+ is available in the TrueNas console now.
I'll wait for the Stable: 4.7.14 version.
After the tests, I will definitely unsubscribe.
Thanks for the answer.

HI, what do you mean by unsubscribe?

Hi.

Im mean I will give feedback after the tests.

In Russian, it will sound like I will "отпишусь" ( unsubscribe\give feedback\let you know about something) .
And depending on the context, this phrase will have different meanings.

Sorry for the confusion 🙃

My english very bad(

• Thanks 1

Hey, I don't know if I should open a new post but it seems like I'm facing the same issue.
It was working fine on 4.7.13 but I can't play videos since I upgraded to 4.7.14.0.
Videos are only working on Android. Not working on Web and on Android TV.

Truenas :TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3
Jail : 13.1-RELEASE-p9
Emby server : 4.7.14.0

embyserver(1).txt ffmpeg-transcode-48c6c8cb-bd99-4362-9266-bcb39f01012d_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-0cc71cc4-7f05-49ed-b1b2-7cd0a97b211e_1.txt

26 minutes ago, fyutins said:

Hey, I don't know if I should open a new post but it seems like I'm facing the same issue.
It was working fine on 4.7.13 but I can't play videos since I upgraded to 4.7.14.0.
Videos are only working on Android. Not working on Web and on Android TV.

Truenas :TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3
Jail : 13.1-RELEASE-p9
Emby server : 4.7.14.0

embyserver(1).txt 902.71 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-48c6c8cb-bd99-4362-9266-bcb39f01012d_1.txt 2.6 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-directstream-0cc71cc4-7f05-49ed-b1b2-7cd0a97b211e_1.txt 7.13 kB · 0 downloads

I tested to downgrade to 4.7.13.0 and I was facing the same problem. So I upgraded to version 4.8.0.44 and it's now working fine ! :)

alucryd

We are currently backporting the fix in the beta packages to the stable packages. There were actually too issues, one caused by truenas using an EOL freebsd release, the other caused by skia and libjpeg being very temperamental.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, the builds on both our website and Ports are now updated. If you're still having issues with images or transcoding, please download and install the latest revision to Emby Server 4.7.14. Thanks !

• Thanks 1