Trigger BaseItem image fetching/processing from Plugin

roaku
Go to solution Solved by roaku,

roaku

I have a plugin that uses a BaseItem's parent images to generate images for the child BaseItem.

In some cases, Emby has already fully processed a remote image, and I can just use it to generate a child image.

In other cases, Emby only has the url for a remote image, presumably waiting for a client to request the image before putting in the effort to process it.

My question is, what's the best way for my plugin to handle the second case?

Is there a way for me to trigger the parent to process its pending image(s) from the plugin and await the result?

I imagine I can fetch the remote image from the plugin, if necessary, but it would be much cleaner if I could just utilize the parent images directly in all cases.

Thanks

//grab the parent's images of a given type
        private static IEnumerable<ItemImageInfo> GetParentImages(BaseItem item, ImageType imageType) {
            return item.GetParent().GetImages(imageType);
        }

public DynamicImageResponse GenerateImage(BaseItem item, ImageType type) {
            Nullable<long> libraryIdOption = GetLibraryId(item);
            if (libraryIdOption.HasValue) {

IEnumerable<ItemImageInfo> parentImages = GetParentImages(item, type);
                //Emby has already downloaded and processed a parent image. Convenient!
                ItemImageInfo parentImageInfo = parentImages.AsQueryable().Where(l => l.IsLocalFile).FirstOrDefault();

if (parentImageInfo == null) {
                    //Emby hasn't processed a parent image yet, but maybe it has an image url set
                    parentImageInfo = parentImages.AsQueryable().Where(l => l.Path != null).FirstOrDefault();

if (parentImageInfo != null) {
                      	//Great, an image url exists for the image
                        //Is there a way to trigger Emby to process the image on the parent in time for my plugin to use the processed image file?
                        logger.Info("Parent image path: "+parentImageInfo.Path);
                    } else {
                        //Emby doesn't have a parent image at all, so complain to the log
                        logger.Info("Still no parent image");
                        throw new ArgumentNullException("Parent Item does not have a compatible Poster");
                    }
                }

• Solution
roaku

Hmm, just found ILibraryManager.ConvertImageToLocal(BaseItem, ItemImageInfo, Int32, CancellationToken)

Let's find out what that does...