can not connect to server after upgrading to most recent beta

tweiner

tweiner

I am running emby in a Truenas Core Jail.  I did a manual install.  I have been using the Beta channel for a while.  The three most recent updates have not been accessable through the web interface.

The version that works is 4.8.0.39

However when I have installed 4.8.0.40, 4.8.0.41, 4.8.0.42  I can not connect.  I get the "Problem loading page" message in by browser.  i can however reinstall 4.8.0.39 and everything works.

I do the updates as specified on https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html

I am on

Truenas TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3

Jail 13.2-RELEASE-p2

any ideas?

Thanks

• Like 1

RadicalRat

I was actually just getting ready to post that I have this very same problem. 

I am on

Truenas TrueNAS-13.0-U5.2

Jail 12.2 and I've done a fresh install of 13.2-RELEASE-p2 also won't upgrade.

I just created a new jail and am installing 42 directly to see if that works.

g07h4xf00

I am also having this issue. My Emby server is now completely unusable after the latest update. For now I think I'm going to install Emby Stable in another jail (I'm using TrueNAS). What is the best way to migrate settings between the Emby Beta jail and the Stable jail? Via commandline, I mean.

Hi, I would suggest installing 4.8.0.43. The issues that were on the beta channel are resolved in that build.

• Like 1

g07h4xf00
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I would suggest installing 4.8.0.43. The issues that were on the beta channel are resolved in that build.

How do I do that? My TrueNAS sees 4.8.0.41 as the latest version for Emby Beta. How do I go about updating my Emby Beta jail with this new version?

9 minutes ago, g07h4xf00 said:

How do I do that? My TrueNAS sees 4.8.0.41 as the latest version for Emby Beta. How do I go about updating my Emby Beta jail with this new version?

How did you first install? You would just follow that process again and install on top of your existing version.

g07h4xf00
1 minute ago, Luke said:

How did you first install? You would just follow that process again and install on top of your existing version.

I opened up the TrueNAS web interface. Then went to plugins and clicked "update" on the jail containing Emby Beta. Now when I try to do that it says it's fully up to date and there are no additional updates. 

30 minutes ago, g07h4xf00 said:

I opened up the TrueNAS web interface. Then went to plugins and clicked "update" on the jail containing Emby Beta. Now when I try to do that it says it's fully up to date and there are no additional updates. 

So the TrueNAS plugins are packaged by someone else from the TrueNAS team. We've tried to take it over and manage it ourselves over the years but they've resisted that. 

So because of that, the only official process we have is the one listed on our website:

https://emby.media/download.html

And that is a manual install process, meaning, you install with the instructions listed. So that's why you clicked on update in TrueNAS and it said there was no update available. I don't know who is putting together the TrueNAS beta server plugin (if there is one?), but it just means they haven't uploaded 4.8.0.43 yet.

g07h4xf00
On 9/2/2023 at 11:13 PM, Luke said:

@g07h4xf00has this helped?

Yeah so I ran some installation steps in the Emby jail shell and not sure if it installed the newer update or if it simply reinstalled the last one I already had but that seemed to fix it and it's working now. Thanks.

1 hour ago, g07h4xf00 said:

Yeah so I ran some installation steps in the Emby jail shell and not sure if it installed the newer update or if it simply reinstalled the last one I already had but that seemed to fix it and it's working now. Thanks.

Thanks for following up. What version number are you on now?

g07h4xf00
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for following up. What version number are you on now?

It still says I'm on 4.8.0.41_1 according to TrueNAS. Something in the re-install fixed things apparently.

• Thanks 1