Is the .TS HDHR Stream Able to Be Converted on the Fly Prior to Emby?

bungee91

bungee91

Just curious if there is a container or app around that could take the .ts stream from the HDHR and convert it to something more manageable by the Emby server and/or the ATV app to improve upon the frustrations I have around seeking an in progress recording, and also resuming a long (NFL football) in-progress recording resume time?

I know this isn't directly Emby's fault, however the HDHR OTA tuners for me aren't going anywhere anytime soon and I would assume with another file format proper metadata could be utilized to support this use case much more effectively.

If my thoughts/proposed plan here is incorrect, and while there is an app to do such a thing it would not really resolve my concerns I appreciate the honest (and disappointing) feedback.

Edited by bungee91

Hi.  The reason the other formats work better for streaming is because they have more information about the content of the file but this depends on the file being complete.  Your situation is with a stream that is constantly changing while you are trying to watch it so any sort of container conversion isn't going to really be possible in that instance (or, at least, helpful).

We will continually work on trying to improve the in-progress experience however we can though.