No Compatible Streams Are Currently Available

WyattZirbel
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

WyattZirbel
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Most should be able to recover from the error that we're seeing here and just skip over it to the main video. 

It's mainly on Roku where the automatic graceful recovery is more of a challenge than other platforms.

I just tested that, you’re right. I just get button happy when they take too long sometimes lol

WyattZirbel
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK we are looking into this. Thanks !

great, thank you!

I don’t know how you do it all!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
WyattZirbel
On 8/31/2023 at 2:32 PM, Luke said:

OK we are looking into this. Thanks !

were you looking into the trailer issue or the no compatible streams problem? I’m curious if my original problem is a Red Hat issue and I should swap to Debian or something

11 hours ago, WyattZirbel said:

were you looking into the trailer issue or the no compatible streams problem? I’m curious if my original problem is a Red Hat issue and I should swap to Debian or something

Aren't they the same thing? Yes we are working on it. @speechlessays he can't reproduce in the latest code so that could be a good sign that it's resolved for the next app update.

• Like 1

WyattZirbel
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Aren't they the same thing? Yes we are working on it. @speechlessays he can't reproduce in the latest code so that could be a good sign that it's resolved for the next app update.

they may be the same thing but I get the issue for watching some movies also even after I skip a broken trailer.

I believe some movies don’t have broken trailers and still get that issue

Which version of Emby server are you using? Was there a recent update to the trailer plugin that shows up on you admin dashboard?

image.png.d21cd647d7539f690f920c76d6482f3f.png

Knowing what version of Emby server you are using along with the version of the trailers plugin will help. I am running Emby server Beta as shown above. I also run the Roku Beta application. If you are using the Release version once the Beta is pushed to release this should fix your issue. As @Lukestated I cannot replicate the issue with the trailers plugin, intros, or local trailers with media.

I am also using Windows which may be different on some things. Are there are ffmpeg logs created when you have this issue with your Roku? Is this issue only with trailers playing before your media? If you play TV epsidoes for example in sequence does this happen?

WyattZirbel
6 hours ago, speechles said:

Which version of Emby server are you using? Was there a recent update to the trailer plugin that shows up on you admin dashboard?

Knowing what version of Emby server you are using along with the version of the trailers plugin will help. I am running Emby server Beta as shown above. I also run the Roku Beta application. If you are using the Release version once the Beta is pushed to release this should fix your issue. As @Lukestated I cannot replicate the issue with the trailers plugin, intros, or local trailers with media.

I am also using Windows which may be different on some things. Are there are ffmpeg logs created when you have this issue with your Roku? Is this issue only with trailers playing before your media? If you play TV epsidoes for example in sequence does this happen?

I did get that trailers update and it made it a lot better and usable for all of the movies I had issues with! However, I have to scale down my resolution from 4K - 110Mbps to at most 4K - 60Mbps for the movie to play, otherwise I get an image that looks like this with sound only. sometimes I only get a black screen.

I just noticed that there is still a movie that craps out when trailers try to play and I’ll post my logs for that as well. other than that one, every other movie that had issues works now as long as I change my resolution to 4K - 60Mbps or below.

My iPhone had to save these in pdf for whatever reason, sorry about that gross format LOLIMG_5497.thumb.jpeg.0ab849fabc595af4537e079541d3f621.jpegffmpeg-transcode-log.txt.pdfembyserver.txt.pdf

WyattZirbel
6 hours ago, speechles said:

TV never had a problem and I guess it was an issue with trailers playing before media except for the resolution problem. That was hard to troubleshoot since I was still able to skip some trailers that were broken before so I thought it was a movie playing issue.

On 9/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, WyattZirbel said:

they may be the same thing but I get the issue for watching some movies also even after I skip a broken trailer.

I believe some movies don’t have broken trailers and still get that issue

Can we look at an example of that? From what I've seen it seems like the issue all along has been the Emby Roku app's recovery from failed trailer playback (e.g. trailer urls no longer available).

WyattZirbel
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can we look at an example of that? From what I've seen it seems like the issue all along has been the Emby Roku app's recovery from failed trailer playback (e.g. trailer urls no longer available).

I sent the logs in the post before. for some reason they’re really tiny under that picture

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, WyattZirbel said:

I sent the logs in the post before. for some reason they’re really tiny under that picture

Because you made pdfs out of them - just attach plain .txt files.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WyattZirbel said:

Can you please attach the log files in their original plain text format? Thanks !

WyattZirbel
6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Because you made pdfs out of them - just attach plain .txt files.

I created them on my phone and it didn't like to save them unless I converted them for whatever reason. I sent new ones though

WyattZirbel
On 9/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, Luke said:

OK I believe the error happening here is resolved in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

great! I might test out the beta soon and see how it goes. I’m pretty curious

Edited by WyattZirbel
  • Thanks 1

WyattZirbel
On 9/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, Luke said:

OK I believe the error happening here is resolved in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

All of my movies work great on the beta! However, if I manually set the quality settings to anything above 4K - 60Mbps, I get stuttering and shifting in the movie (where the frames playing aren't at the time shown on the progress bar). If I set it to Auto, it will play at 4K - 160Mbps, no issues where the only stuttering is from transcoding and hardware limitation as it's very, very, miniscule, infrequent stutters that I expect once in a while.

Edited by WyattZirbel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WyattZirbel said:

Should I make a separate forum post for that second issue? or are y'all tracking it internally?

Hi, yes please create a topic in the testing area. Thanks.

• Agree 1