No Compatible Streams Are Currently Available

WyattZirbel
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

WyattZirbel

I'm getting a "No Compatible Streams Are Currently Available" error. I've had this issue a few times but scanning library files usually fixes it. I can get this specific video to play on my computer but not my iPhone or my Roku TV.

I've attached my logs from directly after trying to play it.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63826827472.txt ffmpeg-transcode-80a9c3cd-a3e9-4bbd-a404-dc0a54b5249e_1.txt hardware_detection-63826827512.txt

Hi, where did these files come from? Looks like ffmpeg is having trouble probing them for media info.

WyattZirbel
Just now, WyattZirbel said:

I pulled them from the Logs section in Emby server. I do have the latest version of Emby

it would play the trailers but not the movie (The Simpsons Movie from a BluRay MKV is the movie I’m trying to play)

WyattZirbel

I realized I sent the ffmpeg log for a trailer that played before it (or tried to play before I skipped it). It never makes any logs for the actual movie when I get the error on my Roku TV, however I CAN play it on my PC and here is the log for that, if it helps.

ffmpeg-remux-8d38ad32-edb5-432d-98f2-2b0e765a628c_1.txt

Edited by WyattZirbel

WyattZirbel

I thought I just fixed the problem.

I updated Linux as well as the Nvidia drivers which both were under a month old and that didn’t fix it.

Removing the path for movies from my “Movies” library and adding it back got rid of the error for one movie in Firefox on the server but the issue is still there for another and my Roku hasn’t improved.

After that step, I noticed my transcoding settings were gone so i restarted Emby Server (the service) with the button in the GUI and they came back and i reenabled them. still no luck there.

I did do a firmware flash on my dvd drive since a week before this problem but my tv shows and a few other bluray/4k bluray movies i’ve copied with it have worked fine.

Let me know if you can come up with any ideas.

Edited by WyattZirbel
updated syntax

WyattZirbel

Can you please provide a new log example of it having the problem? Thanks.

I would but it never makes a log file when it has the problem. It only makes it for the trailers before it.

I've attached a video of what it does

Edited by WyattZirbel

@WyattZirbelsince you said you had trouble with Roku, can we look at a log example of that? please attach both the emby server and ffmpeg log files together. Thanks.

WyattZirbel
On 8/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, Luke said:

@WyattZirbelsince you said you had trouble with Roku, can we look at a log example of that? please attach both the emby server and ffmpeg log files together. Thanks.

Attached are logs from my Roku when it gets the error. It wouldn't play the trailers before the movie either, if that helps any.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-229fe0f6-b4b1-4da7-ae67-35b5b788f1f9_1.txt

WyattZirbel

I noticed these will play on my iphone but will only play sound unless I turn my quality down from 4K - 160MBPS to, at most, 4K - 60MBPS and below.

54 minutes ago, WyattZirbel said:

This is what I get when I remux with a different movie on my PC. I am using a QNAP NAS as a networked share. Could this be a permissions issue?

ffmpeg-remux-6ea58992-0123-48bd-bca7-37f99f085313_1.txt 38.58 kB · 0 downloads

Please attach the corresponding emby server log as well/ thanks.

WyattZirbel
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Has our Emby app update helped for iOS? I mean Emby for iOS 2.2.12. 

on iOS with the new update, I now can get the two 1080p movies to work that used to have issues. 4K is still a problem though. I can get sound now (with some tiny popping noises) but no video unless I turn my video down to 4K-60mbps or below.

WyattZirbel
Just now, Luke said:

And Roku is still the same?

yes sir, Roku still has issues, i just tried them again

also on iOS, there were some trailers that didn’t want to play too (the same trailers that wouldn’t play before those movies i had issues with). the trailer thing may be a separate but i wanted to let you know just in case

It looks like trailers are the problem on Roku, no? We just need to improve our recovery for the situation of any given trailer url no longer being available.

WyattZirbel
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

It looks like trailers are the problem on Roku, no? We just need to improve our recovery for the situation of any given trailer url no longer being available.

All of my platforms have issues with certain trailers

2 minutes ago, WyattZirbel said:

All of my platforms have issues with certain trailers

Most should be able to recover from the error that we're seeing here and just skip over it to the main video. 

It's mainly on Roku where the automatic graceful recovery is more of a challenge than other platforms.