Cover Art plugin

hstamas

hstamas

Does this plugin still work?

Thought I would play around with it to tag some of my 4k movies as such but I see no obvious way of telling it to apply the art to the cover? I assume its a universal thing and applies the overlay to your entire library unless you exclude things?

Also when I am in the settings area it looks like images are missing. See the attached. And if I change a setting here (choose a different case style for example) and back out of the setting, when I go back in its back to its default.

Thanks for any guidance.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 1.20.52 PM.png

Edited by hstamas

GrimReaper

Which server version? See no issues with CoverArt on stable 4.7+.

GrimReaper

That's odd, as if resources were not loaded; if you remove/reinstall the plugin, does same occur? Also, does your user have permissions to write to server folder?

hstamas

trying the reinstall option now.

I am the only user on this setup and I believe I have all my permissions set properly but I will check.

roaku

The log says "2023-07-19 14:01:25.236 Info CoverArt: CoverArt plugin not supported on this system."

I guess the next question is why not...

roaku
5 hours ago, hstamas said:

Interesting find. Are plugin's OS specific?

There may be an Emby build issue for your platform or something different/wrong with your specific OS installation that's causing the plugin to fail and write that message to the log.

hstamas

FYI @LukeI tried downloading the Mac silicon beta server with the same results. Oddly though, the beta download link is the same as the stable and Emby is reporting the same version number so I dont think I am actually running a beta version?

Right we don’t currently have a beta for macOS but we’ll try to get one up soon.

There might be an issue specific to that architecture that needs looking into.

hstamas
On 7/20/2023 at 5:39 PM, Luke said:

There might be an issue specific to that architecture that needs looking into.

Should I just give up trying to use this then?

• 1 month later...
blgentry

Good morning,

I'm new to EMBY and am amazed that I haven't found it sooner.  I'm really happy to be using Emby! 

I subscribed to Premium and wanted to try the CoverArt plugin.  It does not work on my system.  After an hour of messing around and web research I found this thread.  My system appears to be the same as the OP:  An M1 (ARM) based Mac, running Emby Server.  My logs say that the Cover Art plugin is not supported on this platform.

I went back to the downloads page and got the Beta for Mac ARM.  But it appears to be the exact same version of the stable one.  It did not make a difference.

I would really like to try this feature.  Any idea when it might be supported on Mac (ARM) ?

Thanks,

Brian.

1 hour ago, blgentry said:

Good morning,

I'm new to EMBY and am amazed that I haven't found it sooner.  I'm really happy to be using Emby! 

I subscribed to Premium and wanted to try the CoverArt plugin.  It does not work on my system.  After an hour of messing around and web research I found this thread.  My system appears to be the same as the OP:  An M1 (ARM) based Mac, running Emby Server.  My logs say that the Cover Art plugin is not supported on this platform.

I went back to the downloads page and got the Beta for Mac ARM.  But it appears to be the exact same version of the stable one.  It did not make a difference.

I would really like to try this feature.  Any idea when it might be supported on Mac (ARM) ?

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi, what exactly does your log say?

blgentry

The relevant lines from the log file seem to be these:

2023-08-29 13:26:41.246 Info App: Starting entry point CoverArt.ServerEntryPoint
2023-08-29 13:26:41.246 Info CoverArt: CoverArt plugin not supported on this system.
2023-08-29 13:26:41.269 Info App: Entry point completed: CoverArt.ServerEntryPoint. Duration: 0.023315 seconds

I've attached the full log in case it helps.

Thanks for your help.

Brian.

embyserver-2.txt

blgentry

I hadn't thought to use the x64 version.  I just tried it and the Cover Art plugin works.  I don't see any real difference in performance yet.  Hopefully it will perform as nicely as the ARM version has for me.

I really like this Cover Art functionality!

However, I've tried multiple Treatment styles and most of them do weird things to the cover art image.  All of the treatments that have a "side" like "side case" squash the aspect ratio.  This looks pretty bad on my 65" display.  I would very much prefer to preserve the aspect ratio.  The image also looks a bit soft, but that might just be due to the loss of screen real estate.

For now Metro Case looks pretty good and really adds some good information to the display.  If this plugin matures just a little bit, I think it will be reason enough for me to maintain my subscription to premiere.

Thanks for the help!

Brian.

44 minutes ago, blgentry said:

I would very much prefer to preserve the aspect ratio

Hi.  There is an option in the plug-in of whether or not to preserve the original aspect ratio.

blgentry

Hi there,

I found the "preserve aspect ratio" option 20 minutes after I posted.  So I turned it on.  Rebooted the Emby Server.  ...and there is no change.  I still vertically squashes the aspect ratio.  So faces look narrow and tall.  It is VERY obvious with something like Air Force One which has a face spanning the entire cover.

I'm not sure if it's platform specific or what, but that option seems to be non-functional on my system.

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

Anticipating the next suggestions, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Cover Art plugin.  No change.  Here's a log file in case it reveals something useful.

Brian.

embyserver-3.txt

1 hour ago, blgentry said:

Anticipating the next suggestions, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Cover Art plugin.  No change.  Here's a log file in case it reveals something useful.

Brian.

embyserver-3.txt 63.85 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like you still have the cover art plugin installed. Did you make sure to restart the server after doing that?