android tv, it says too many errors giving up

Adorkable

Adorkable
  • Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem :Play vedio display “too many errors giving up”   Video Name:Test
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)   :UTC+5:2023-7-9 19:26:00
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time : KKSuper

@ebr

Edited by Adorkable

Hi.  What is this device?  It appears to not have the decoders the system is expecting.

Adorkable

JMGO projector      

Also MP4 videos, most of them can be played. Only a small part of the video cannot be played. Set EmbY as an external player, and then use the system by default to play normally

It looks like the decoder implementations are not what the player is expecting.  Using an external player on this device may be the best route at this point.

Or you can try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares.

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Adorkable

Can emby convert to a supported format first and then try to play it? Not very convenient to use an external player

29 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

Can emby convert to a supported format first and then try to play it?

We are already trying that multiple times.  It isn't the format of the video - it is something that isn't right with the system on the projector.  Can you check for a firmware update for it?

Adorkable

I found that converting the resolution to 1920 1080 while maintaining the aspect ratio will do the trick.   

11 hours ago, Adorkable said:

I have tried emby for android. also can't play

What exactly happened when you tried with this app? What version number was it?

Adorkable

When I updated to version 3.3.15, the software was stuck on the startup page and could not be accessed

IMG_20230711_202335.jpg

4 hours ago, Adorkable said:

When I updated to version 3.3.15, the software was stuck on the startup page and could not be accessed

IMG_20230711_202335.jpg

That’s odd. What device did you install on?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

What version of android does it run?

According to his app log, 6.0 which is probably the root of the issue.  It probably is also a fork instead of pure Android.

Adorkable

/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/logs

I have checked multiple devices, there is no log file in this path

14 hours ago, Adorkable said:

version 3.3.18

Still stuck on startup page unable to access software. No log generated

Sorry, my mistake. You need to use a special version with the file logging enabled. Can you please try this build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

And then logs will be written to the path mentioned here: 

Thanks !