See Watched status and maybe local metadata with Home videos library

Samkook

Samkook

I've been wanting to add content that isn't Movies or TV Shows to emby for the longest time but haven't found a good solution to do so and be able to watch that content with kodi.

If I set the library as "Home videos & photos", the checkmark doesn't set itself according to emby status for watched content so I can't know what I've watched or not without looking at emby web interface.

***Writing in progress, accidentally posted it***

Edited by Samkook

Samkook

I messed up and took too long(11min) to edit the first post so here is the whole thing as it should have been:

I've been wanting to add content that isn't Movies or TV Shows to emby for the longest time but haven't found a good solution to do so and be able to watch that content with kodi.

If I set the library as "Home videos & photos", the checkmark doesn't set itself according to emby status for watched content so I can't know what I've watched or not without looking at emby web interface.

The local metadata files I manually created also don't get displayed at all with such content, I'm assuming because kodi display it as if it wasn't part of its library.

This should in theory be fixed if I use "Mixed content", but then it doesn't show up because, from what I've read, kodi doesn't deal well with adding stuff to both its movies and tv show section from the same source so they're hidden. But in my case, it's neither movies nor tv shows so that shouldn't be an issue, I specifically don't want that stuff to go in either of those 2 categories.

So I was wondering if it was possible to either have the Home videos stuff display all the info or add a manual bypass to display the mixed content category, but not try to add it to either tv shows or movies and still have it show the infos.

For the mixed content, I'd like to know if it's a kodi limitation that it won't display information not in the tv shows or movies category, or if it's a pluging one and if it's a plugin one and adding my desired bypass is not a solution that would be implemented, would adding a new emby category for manual metadata work without plugin modification?

TeamB

mixed content is Kodi is not very easy to do and when done not very well supported.

I can look at this and see if things have changed over the years but when I first wrote it Movie/TvSHow/Ep/Season/Music/Album/BoxSet were the main viw types and trying to show a list of different types of items was not possible.

I guess a simple media list should be doable but I dont know how most how the skins will handel this and if they dont know what they are trying to display I dont know if they will display the info or not as that is a skin function, even of the addon makes all the info available the skin has to support it.

Samkook

Yeah, I remember, a long time ago, trying to modify the default kodi(xbmc back then) skin to display info outside of library mode and never managed to achieve it. That has been the one thing I've hated about kodi since the very beginning of it, the way it separate library with normal content and I was hoping it could be different with the addon since it bypasses the kodi library from what I understand.

Getting the info would be nice but not a huge deal if not possible since I'm used to it by now, but not having the watched status is a problem and kodi is able to display that in any mode, I just don't know how much it will listen to the addon in some scenarios.