DSM Update to 7.2.-64570 Incompatible with Emby

DMazer

DMazer

Greetings...

My Synology NAS just upgraded to 7.2-64570 (Security update) and indicates my version of Emby BETA "emby-server-synology7_4.8.0.34_x86_64" is incompatible with the version of DSM and is "Stopped".

I attempted to upgrade to Emby BETA "emby-server-synology7_4.8.0.39_x86_64" and received the following error: 

"This package requires DSM 7.2-63134"

I then tried to install the latest stable version "emby-server-synology7_4.8.0.39_x86_64" and received the following error:

"Current package version is 4.8.0.34-704080034. You cannot roll back to the older version 4.7.13.0-704071300."

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue? 

Edited by DMazer

DarWun
15 minutes ago, DMazer said:

I then tried to install the latest stable version "emby-server-synology7_4.8.0.39_x86_64" and received the following error:

"Current package version is 4.8.0.34-704080034. You cannot roll back to the older version 4.7.13.0-704071300."

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue? 

@DMazerYou need to install "emby-server-synology72_4.8.0.39_x86_64".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dusan78

Hello!

I am about to upgrade to DSM 7.2 version and notice there is a separate installation of Emby server for 7.1.1 and 7.2+ DSM versions.  What is the correct procedure for update.  Do I first update DSM or Emby?  I have the the NVME solution where I run the cache and metadata on faster m.2 drives and I am not sure how DSM 7.2 will affect it.  Updates always freak me out.  Any advice on this before I start? 

Cheers!

Dusan

_Arman_
On 02/07/2023 at 22:03, DarWun said:

@DMazerVous devez installer "emby-server-synology7 2 _4.8.0.39_x86_64".

Thanks, I was also stuck on this issue.

Downloading version "emby-server-synology72_4.8.0.39_x86_64.spk" it worked fine.

DarWun
4 hours ago, _Arman_ said:

Thanks, I was also stuck on this issue.

Downloading version "emby-server-synology72_4.8.0.39_x86_64.spk" it worked fine.

@Dusan78The only caveat I would add is make sure you download the synology72 version that is meant for your particular model of NAS. The _x86_64 version is for NAS models with the "Apollo Lake" chipset (such as the DS918+). If you have a model with a different chipset, you will need to download the appropriate version of the Emby update. Just make sure you grab the synology72 version and not the synology7 version.

In terms of install order, I installed DSM 7.2 first. Upon first boot, Emby would not start as it was still on the 7.1 version. I then manually installed the Emby 7.2 package through Package Center. Emby started up just fine after that.

As for special things you need to do if you are using the NVME solution, I can't speak to that as I don't use it. But the thread DSM 7.2 and SSD volume - 918+ has some pointers in it (I think...I only skimmed it as it didn't apply to me).

Edited by DarWun

Dusan78

So I ran and installed the script to run at boot.  I then did the 7.2 DSM update and have then installed emby 7.2 version.  After first boot my nvme m.2 cache drive was working and available but, it was shown as not compatible.  I ran the script again and after reboot of NAS that was fixed.  Beside repairing/updating some packages everything went smoothly and was finished without any problems.  

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Dusan78

I have a bit of a problem that I noticed with the new emby for dsm 7.2 .  Everything seems to work for app users except I noticed couple of weird things happening.

1.  The web manage server page (dashboard) use to update in real time and you could see the counters on the movies or shows currently playing.  Now I have to refresh the page to see any changes in both counters and whos connected.  It does not update automatically without a manual page refresh.

2.  When I am on the main HOME page and I try to scroll right by clicking the arrow to see the rest of the latest items on the right, nothing happens.  There is a brief nanosecond flash of that row and that's it.  Sometimes when I hit the button 4 times it will finally move.  It's really weird and definitely not what it was.

Also, the arrows and scrolling work on both My Media and Continue watching sections.  Only the latest media sections dont work properly.

------------

I have tried Chrome, Brave and Edge browsers and they all behave the same.

Any ideas what is going on?

Edited by Dusan78

19 hours ago, Dusan78 said:

I have a bit of a problem that I noticed with the new emby for dsm 7.2 .  Everything seems to work for app users except I noticed couple of weird things happening.

1.  The web manage server page (dashboard) use to update in real time and you could see the counters on the movies or shows currently playing.  Now I have to refresh the page to see any changes in both counters and whos connected.  It does not update automatically without a manual page refresh.

2.  When I am on the main HOME page and I try to scroll right by clicking the arrow to see the rest of the latest items on the right, nothing happens.  There is a brief nanosecond flash of that row and that's it.  Sometimes when I hit the button 4 times it will finally move.  It's really weird and definitely not what it was.

Also, the arrows and scrolling work on both My Media and Continue watching sections.  Only the latest media sections dont work properly.

------------

I have tried Chrome, Brave and Edge browsers and they all behave the same.

Any ideas what is going on?

Hi, can you please provide a specific example of #1? Thanks.

Dusan78

If I am on Dashboard Page, Now playing items will not appear when someone plays something UNTIL I refresh the page.  Same goes with the time counter.  Also if item has stopped playing, it also wont show it unless I refresh the page.  This was all working in real time before and I never had to refresh the page before.  Actually the timer would count in 2 second increments so I guess it was automatically getting updates every 2 seconds.

image.png.3b4358512029e0bc90988361e322336a.png 

10 hours ago, Dusan78 said:

If I am on Dashboard Page, Now playing items will not appear when someone plays something UNTIL I refresh the page.  Same goes with the time counter.  Also if item has stopped playing, it also wont show it unless I refresh the page.  This was all working in real time before and I never had to refresh the page before.  Actually the timer would count in 2 second increments so I guess it was automatically getting updates every 2 seconds.

image.png.3b4358512029e0bc90988361e322336a.png 

Are you viewing the dashboard page over a remote connection?

Dusan78

Well, I'm on the local network and just have my "hosts" file set to resolve my domain name to the internal (local) server address.  This was always set like this as I used https with security certificate.  But, you were on to something as when I went to http://serverip:8096 then things were working as before in real time when it comes to dashboard updates.  I'm not sure what exactly changed there.  Maybe me using reverse proxy for security instead of having security certificate set by Emby?  I am not even sure when I changed that.  

Also, I just noticed that I cant even change any setting where there is a down arrow to press to open up settings like.

image.png.089f7c5cfa615fbe0483360165750d9d.png

or 

image.png.d06a7039cfef85ff0d8783d5f47d18bc.png

When I press the arrow it just briefly flashes and nothing opens.  Similar to the issue with hitting the right scroll arrow on Home screen Latest Movies.....

Settings do work on my mobile (android) app.  But, this is definitely something new that started happening after the update of DSM 7.2 and install of 7.2 Emby server file.

Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...
Dusan78

Hello,

Is there any updates on this.  I am still not able to use emby properly on the browser.  Arrows still dont work for the Home page or settings.  What am I suppose to do?